Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Wee Cottage Within Ash Tree Cottage


Within the walls of Ash Tree Cottage, there is a little cottage all on it's own. It's a wee cottage, a place for little fairies to live. It's a special place where time stands still. A place that is safe and friendly and free from the cares of the world. Come on in and make yourself comfortable.

That's the way, take off you shoes and sit on the sofa or a comfy chair. Just make yourself at home.

I'll bring out the tea trolley. Do you take milk and sugar in your tea, or would you prefer to have a slice of lemon?


I do apologize, but there is no high definition TV in the Wee Cottage within Ash Tree Cottage. You will have to make do with an old console TV. Oh, and no color either, only black and white. I think it's George Burns and Gracie Allen. A very funny show, I hope you enjoy it.


If you need to make a call, we do have a telephone. It's a rotary, we don't have cell phones yet. I hope you don't mind.

Of course, if you prefer, we can provide a cozy reading corner among some of the great works of literature.

We hope that you enjoyed your visit to the Wee Cottage Within Ash Tree Cottage. We thank Susan and her little dog Bentley for allowing us to show off our place. We are sharing this Wee Cottage for "Show Off Your Cottage Monday" hosted by Cielo at her cottage, The House in the Roses and Brenda too at The Cozy Little House. Please stop by to visit the other participants. We are sure you will have a ripping good time. Susan and Bentley will be back with their own posts later this week.

May all your dreams come true,

The Fairies of Ash Tree Cottage
xxoo and Fairy Dust too!!

21 comments:

  1. What a sweet little wee cottage you have. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Oh that looks like fun! I love the floral needlepoint rug, and oh course wee bentley :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty!!! Was that a mini Bentley I saw too??? Thank you for sharing with us!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    Too cute! I love your wee cottage. I have the little tea cart in the big size :) I will have to post it at some point.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan,

    You are after my heart. I love it. The pieces you have are realllly nice, like the trolly and the tv. It looks so cuomfy. I am telling you, you are made for miniatures. Keep posting on them.
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love miniatures! Yours are so charming - I love the little cottage inside of Ash Tree Cottage.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could move right into the Wee Cottage and be quite happy! Who needs modern conveniences? It does have a bathroom though, doesn't it? That's one convenience I won't do without!
    Happy Monday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! Love this. I bet Stuart Little would feel right at home here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute wee little cottage. Just the place for a little tea party, thanks for inviting us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wee little fairy cottage! I want one too! How fun and sweet your wee cottage is. Just pure perfection!!!
    I really enjoyed your post today!
    Take care now and have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable post. Your wee cottage is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love miniatures, and yours are so precious! I really enjoyed seeing this. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute!
    I love the Peter Rabbit plate in the first picture i used to have the breakfast set it belongs to as a little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just fantastic. I love tiny, little things like this. The tea trolley looks nearly identical to a real tea trolley of my grandmother's... She even had a silver tea service on it.

    Blessings,
    Necel from the Old House in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh - now that is so sweet. Thank you for your little bit o'magic you sweet little fairies of Ash Tree Cottage. Take good care of Susan and Bentley.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I am so jealous! I have been wanting a dollhouse ever since I saw Claudia (Mockingbird Hill Cottage) start decorating one. I'm a couple of days behind on my reading. Been outside. I love your dollhouse. And I really don't care much whether there's television or even a phone. Silence suits me just fine.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! Your doll house miniatures are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your miniatures! I need to get motivated and work on mine more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not sure how I missed this earlier! I love your sweet little dolly cottage and all the sweet overstuffed furniture and hooked rugs. :-) Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The "floor covering" of the cottage within the cottage is very familiar. I have the same Laura Ashley sheets on the guest bed. They are very old now (over 20 years), but very soft!

    Janet@Housepeepers

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! I want a smooshy, soft rug JUST LIKE THAT for "my room" in my REAL cottage! It's so sweet and comfy-looking. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...