Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Brunch for Two


It hardly feels like Easter is on it's way. It is snowing again this morning! While it may look wintery outside, I am attempting to have a springtime atmosphere inside our cottage. While I have lots of blue and white china, I am also very fond of vintage patterns with tiny flowers.


The sauce bowls are Bavarian as are the smaller dessert plates below. The luncheon plates are some of my favorites. I love the delicate little flower pattern on the rims. The quilt underneath was handmade by me several years ago. I prefer to hand quilt rather than use a machine, so I devoted many happy hours to it's completion.


I found these fluffy little chicks at the Boise Co-Op. They always carry darling accessories for holidays and their produce, groceries, deli and meat department are superb.


I am very fond of these napkins. They are actually part of a vintage bridge set.


The vintage pepper and the covered salt cellar are marked Nippon, and are therefore from Japan. I don't know if that is really what they are meant for, but I like to use them that way just for fun. I love the delicate violet pattern.


The vintage lamb salt and pepper shakers are favorites of mine too. The are old and worn, but to me they are precious!

We will be spending Easter dinner with my parents. My Daddy is in in end stages of Alzheimer's now, so this may be the last Easter dinner the four of us spend together. Bentley of course will be with us as well. Little Bentley always puts a big smile on Daddy's face!

We wish you all the Happiest Easter with family and friends! Please stop by and visit Susan our lovely hostess for this Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch, as well as the other participants. If you have not planned your table setting yet, you are sure to find some fabulous ideas!

Lots of Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

11 comments:

  1. Hi Susan and Bentley!!

    Your table setting is gorgerous wish I was coming to dinner! It is so nice to find people who have the same tastes and really enjoy putting such creative effort into a table setting.
    Have a blessed Easter!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan- this is such a charming table, it would makes any meal feel special! I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh what a beautiful table setting! Really lovely!
    Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table...that gorgeous quilt is perfect with the china...love the little lamb salt and pepper shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Susan and Bentley...sounds like a wonderful cozy family dinner. I will have the same with sis and niece. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the quilt as your tablecloth, and those napkins are so pretty! My Duchess and your Bently look like twins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're talking my kind of style, girl, with that pretty quilt and dishes! I also love little flowers. I remember always looking for little flower patterns on fabric when I was making quilts. This is all so lovely!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, I love this! Everything about it speaks to my heart- just perfect! I have a similar bridge set and also love it. Your quilt is just gorgeous. Have a blessed holiday
    xoxo pattie and Allie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a charming and cozy tablescape. I wish you and your family a blessed Easter. I am sure that your dad feel very good when he is with you to celebrate Easter.

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is so lovely! Wishing you warm weather, and a Happy Easter!
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses quilts as tablecloths.

    Happy Easter,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...