Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mini Porch Metamorphosis


Little by little I have been adding things and freshening existing items to our front porch. While you all down south have been fluffing and fixin', we gals up in the Pacific Northwest have been running in between rain drops and doing the best we can. I am just itching with anticipation for getting the porch ready for neighbors and friends to visit! So, on Saturday I found this old stained bucket with legs and decided to get out the spray can and give it a revival.

Here it is in all it's glory! I know, these violas are tiny but will be growing soon (I hope) and will bring a bring their bright cheery little faces to the porch until the warmer weather hits. I have more plans for the porch, so don't be a stranger! In the meantime, please go visit the other Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

15 comments:

  1. Susan, that is fantastic! Totally gave that piece new life!~ Enjoy watching your flowers grow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the paint addition. Enjoy your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv this idea...I luv using different items for flower pots too! Hope you have a FUN week:)
    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought of painting a bucket. Another great idea here in blogland!! Thanks for sharing, your bucket looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant idea. It's amazing how a coat of paint can transform something. I think it will look lovely on your porch.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful, even better when the violas fill out!
    alicia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your header image is your front porch..it certainly is welcoming and this addition will look wonderful! I too have been filling in spaces with container gardens..none on my front porch as yet...perhaps today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks lovely!! The violas are so pretty too!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful makeover! Very glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty...we also put lots of pansies on the front porch...trying to keep it Spingy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a HUGE difference! Updated and simply terrific! It's all in how you look at an item...it really is. I love it!!
    :)
    Hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to come over and visit another Susan who enjoyed "Rebecca" as much as I did! Found you by way of Julia's. You gave great new life to the bucket! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it looks SO nice!! I love the transformation. Happy Spring!!! xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Susan,
    You are too funny about the "other Susan." When I was growing up, I played with 4 other Susans...everyone my age was named Susan, it seemed. Sooo confusing! LOL
    Love your planter transformation...those violets are so cute! We can't plant outdoors here until after the 15 of April...then it's Katie bar the door...I'm a planting fiend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...