Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tiny Table Top Tea Party


I am joining Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses for her Tea Party Tuesday and Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for her Table Top Tuesday to share a story of a little girl with an active imagination. There were lots of books on the table tops in every room in her house. Even on the old wicker table of the front porch.


One day while she was reading, she fell asleep in the wicker rocking chair on the front porch with her little dog curled up next to her. She was dreaming of children's books in the library like the ones from the Opie Collection of Children's Literature at Bodleian Library, the University of Oxford.


When she woke up her book was missing. In it's place was a tiny set of wicker furniture instead. There was a tiny hand made quilt, a tiny teddy bear and tiny tea cups on the tiny table. It was a tiny tea party!


Her little dog was there too, except he was suddenly much smaller. There was a pretty little rug and a crystal urn filled with lily of the valley too.


There was a grandfather clock with tiny little flowers painted on it's face. Suddenly she heard the clock strike 4:45 and the little girl woke up from her nap.

Today is National Library Workers Day. Remember to read to your children and grandchildren too. Visit your local library and discover a whole world of adventure. Until next time ... Now what book shall we read today Bentley??

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

18 comments:

  1. That was lovely!!! I used to read to my kids when they were younger!! I hoped that they would love reading as much as me!! One of them did - so 50% is not bad!!!! Gorgeous photos too!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan and Bentley!

    I loved that story ...I had the same wicker set as a little girl.
    Yes I always read to my son and at ten years old he reads every night...and I go to the library every two weeks for books for us.
    I enjoyed this post so much.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such at darling post. Love the wicker set.
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I am fascinated with miniatures. Love the wicker set and little rug. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your miniature displays.Cute tiny dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty photos! I love your little displays! so cute I want to play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. Your little teaset is so cute too!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is the most precious thing I have ever seen. I have no idea how you got all those really tiny pieces, and the tiny tea set. So much fun and such a beautiful vignette. The bookcase and grandfather clock just amaze me as well as the tiny quilt. Just precious. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious imagination you have, Susan, and all for a good cause. Love all of your miniatures and oh, do those books bring back memories!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! That is the cutest thing ever! you have the cutest little miniatures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and wonderful post you put together my friend...I just added you to my follow list so I don't miss your new post's....Thanks for sharing this one...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet post! I loved this. And I love libraries, too. With all the budget cuts lately, we need to support them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! I love that figurine and little doggie, we had a Westie like it, still miss him:-(

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan,
    So cute and darling! Sweet, sweet post. Hi Bentley :)
    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet. I find miniatures fascinating. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely! Very sweet post.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, so cute!! I think I have that same Winnie the Pooh book!

    nannykim from http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...