Monday, April 30, 2012

Potting Bench Sneak Preview



Right off my back porch, I have a little herb garden.  I am always puttering around
there because I love to nurture the fragrant herbs and snip them for recipes.
Although I have a potting shed, I also wanted a spot to keep some essentials close
by and to provide a backdrop for the herb garden.




So I have created a potting bench from a ....  (it's a surprize), but I am only going to
give you a sneak peak today.  As you can see ...




my creation started with a thrift shop find and then just kept on growing.
Woops ~ bad pun.  Why do I do that?  Can't really help it, I am the
queen of bad puns.  Anyway, the weather here has been really rainy, so I have
to step out for pics between the raindrops.  

But ...




Tomorrow I will (hopefully) be taking lots of pics to show you all my whole
herb garden ~ potting bench and all.  In the meantime, check out that 
Arugula in the basket.  I'll be snipping that off for a salad with cannellini beans
and chopped shallots tossed with a vinaigrette.  Yummo!

So until tomorrow ~ stop by and visit ~

and

Bentley has dirty paws.  He has been racing through the garden beds
chasing the squirrels.  Maybe we need an outdoor shower!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

12 comments:

  1. Love what you've posted so far. Aren't herbs fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potted plantings look so pretty...I'll be back tomorrow to see everything and be inspired.

    Blessings,

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be waiting! It already looks great and OH SO MUCH FUN!
    Big Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your potting bench. I love what you have shown us so far. I am so excited ~ I love potting benches. Your arugula looks just yummy ~ Bentley stay out of the garden for your mommy ~ only when it rains. It must be much easier to bath Bentley than Chessie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, beautiful post. Loved your decoupage bucket on your other post too. It turned out beautiful.
    You have beautfiul projects and I am so impressed with all your photos.
    Have a lovely week. And I'm praying for your mother too. I read that as well.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan, for about half a second, I entertained thoughts of buying herb plants while at the nursery today. It sounds like fun, until I remember the efforts one must take. Hope you join Linky for those of us on it now. I know others would also enjoy following you on Linky. Thanks, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herbs are lovely and great for cooking. Wanting to see the potting bench.
    It's a great time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan and Bentley Sweeties...
    Oh your herbs and plants look so lush and happy. You do have a green thumb sweetie. I have never tried herbs but maybe it is about time I gave it a try.

    I can't wait to come back and take a closer look at your treasure that you have created with such love. Potting bench come on down...

    Hope you and Bentley have a glorious day tomorrow. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been playing catch up here this morning Susan! My days have not allowed a lot of time for blog reading lately and I have missed it. Love the pin cushion you made. It's so pretty! Looking forward to seeing more from your lovely garden! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. so far it looks like a lovely space. your plants look nice and healthy.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...