Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Let's Have a Glass of Wine and Catch Up


So glad you could stop by.  Let's catch up.  I'm having a glass of red wine,
would you like some too or do you prefer white?   

See those big pine cones in the background?  I told you I was going to buy
them.  I hope that I will get to put them in our cabin, but I'm trying not to get too
excited about our cabin because the Wesley fire is not contained and continues to  
grow.  You can see the fire plumes from our property.  I am praying for rain!



Bentley is feeling much better.  He was so cuddly and sedate for one day.
I could hear little gurgling noises coming from his tummy.  I thought I would wait
and see if he got better before I panicked.  He is back to his old feisty self.  He's 
barking and playing and begging for treats.  I could not be happier.  




Several weeks ago I broke my big toe.  Wow did that hurt!   My toe is
healing nicely, but I have been favoring it so now the arch of my foot is 
strained and I have been limping a bit.  I'm really looking forward to 
wearing cute shoes and working out again.



My Mom is feeling fine.  I spent the afternoon with her.  We went through
her closet and decided what she needed for fall and winter.  There is a 
shopping trip in our future!




Now that the sun is starting to set earlier I want to eat dinner earlier and put on
comfy pj's and get cozy.  Does that happen to you?




David and I always laugh about how the evenings were just beginning for us at 8 PM when we were younger and now at 8 PM we are so happy to be at home and comfy cozy.
And we are not missing anything!  I never thought I would say that.  Did you?
  


That's enough about me.  How are you?  What's happening?


Bentley ~ I am so very happy that you are back to your playful,
fun loving self!!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


16 comments:

  1. So glad Bentley is feeling better! Love to sit with a glass of wine and catch up! The cooler weather is making me happy also! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty pics, Susan! It's so good to know that Bentley is feeling like his old self. I'm with you in liking to feel comfy cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am having a nervous breakdown. Romney actually said on Kelly and Michael that he liked Snookie!!!! REALLY!!!!!!! :/ I need some of your wine.

    I am glad Bentley is better, poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that wine label with the rooster. I am with you. Early evening are something I very much look forward to. If I have to be out late, it kicks my butt for days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "Let's have a glass of wine"! :-) Red for me, please! I'm glad to hear that is doing better and that your toe boo-boo is on the mend. Broken toes are just awful! It's like there's nothing you can do that doesn't hurt if you're in an upright position! :-( I hope the fires are quelled soon. I know that must be nerve-wracking for you guys. I can't even begin to imagine the anxiety you must feel. I'll pray for rain for you, too. Oh...and congrats on your pine cone purchase! I know the people who live in areas where those humoungous pine cones are scattered about like leaves in fall must think we're crazy for actually PAYING for them! :-) I had a bunch of them, but sold them when I retired and closed my shop. I never should have done that. My mind was obviously not right! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that Bentley is feeling better. Praying for rain in your area and that they get the fire contained.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you and Bentley are both on the mend. I hope for rain for all of you so that you stay safe and sound. Your wine vignette looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty setting!!!

    Big Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious!! I'm glad your doggie is feeling better. I can sympathize with your broken toe! I broke my little toe last October and it took forever to heal! Toes should never be at a 90 degree angle though!! Ouch......Hope you heal up fast! Cheers~ Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your vignettes are so charming! I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At 8 p.m. I'm struggling to stay awake another hour half the time. Glad Bentley is feeling better. These little Yorkies and their tummies...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute blog you have! Love Bentley too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so funny, I'm usually done by 8:00 too :)) Sure wish I could pop right over for that glass of wine! Glad your baby is doing well. Happy fall Susan!
    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope someone didn't drink all the white...your photos are great, Susan. Glad that Bentley is back to his feisty self! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I sure hope the fires don't get close to your cabin! I feel the same way about this time of the year - and about cozying down at home! Hope you heal quickly and that Bentley will be o.k....your post is very lovely and relaxing - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally dislike it being dark so early!
    I don't drink, but the bread cheese and fruit look good!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...