Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ree Drummond Threw Me A Curve Ball


I really thought that I had Thanksgiving all under control.  The only
things left to do were to decide on a centerpiece ...




And to decide if I wanted to use my sweet little cottage dishes with wood
chargers instead of red ones  ...




Or to stick with the blue and white scheme as previously planned.

Then it happened ...



I was lounging around this morning with my coffee, watching 
The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network.  She was sharing her
recipes for Thanksgiving dinner.  She made baked acorn squash wedges
that looked and sounded so yummy that it started me thinking ...




Do I stick with a recipe that I have been making for years
from this cookbook?  A recipe that is so sweet and yummy it
tastes like you are eating dessert with your dinner.




 This was Daddy's favorite side dish.




Or try Ree's baked acorn squash wedges?  




What should I do???  Break with tradition, or maybe make both?




Time is fleeing.  I will have to make a decision soon!
Stay tuned to see what happens.

Joining ~


Bentley votes for both.  I have never known a dog that loves 
his veggies as much as Bentley!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


15 comments:

  1. Well, whatever you decide - hurry up! I'm hungry! :)
    Cute display.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only was her food wonderful, as usual, but her lodge looked gorgeous! She's an amazing chef, and I told her so! Oh - make both dishes.

    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan. Funny thing. I also was watching the Pioneer Woman this morning and I just talked to my SIL and said I'm bringing baked acorn squash to their house. Great minds think alike. We'll have to compare afterwards.Have a great Thanksgiving..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I would make both. Your daddy's favourite will bring back memories and sounds like it is a tradition. The acorn squash wedges sound like it would be a fun addition. Can't wait to see what you do ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan~ I watched PW too and drooled over her Thanksgiving spread! Love your vignettes! I hope Bentley gets some pumpkin cookie treats. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post today. Loved your shelves and I spotted the little wooden china cabinet. Oh my goodness. It's great to keep traditions going for the holidays. Daddy's favorite sounds right. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that feeling. I am making a kind of cheaters tirimisu. I hope I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog . I would make both. They both sound so good. Plus you may have leftovers for the next day. Have a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never caught Ree's show on the FN although I'd love to see it. I was torn about making the same old sweet potatoes, too, and several bloggers came to the rescue with some great recipes. Everyone has their traditions and my kids would scream if I deviated one bit from my usual menu, but since my hubs and I are the only ones who eat sweet potatoes, I'm good. Maybe you can make one for Thanksgiving and one for a nice fall dinner.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would make your daddy's favorite, you can always make the new recipe if you have time to make both, but honoring daddy would make his presence felt.
    Love your dishes, I think they are the Friendly Village pattern from Johnson Brothers, so pretty this time of the year.
    Lovely post Susan, and I've finally been able to leave you a message !
    Hugs to you and Bentley.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, as I don't eat squash in any shape, form or fashion, you know what my vote is!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ree does that to me too, practically everything she makes sounds so good, it's hard to stick to the same ol same ol when hers sounds so delicious. Good luck on your decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan,

    I love your kitchen! Such coziness and charm. All your red and white accents and blue and white china on that soft white hutch. How wonderful it must be to create in this lovely space. I agree with the ladies above; your dad's favourite sounds perfect.

    Hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...