Monday, March 31, 2014

Sneaky Peak Tweak


While I was at Texas Antique Weekend I found this great ticking fabric.
The color is much more aqua than it appears in this pic and it is going
to coordinate well with the the floral print you see.  I plan to recover a 
foot stool with it and a couple of throw pillows too.




I decided to hang these antique sconces on either side of the old door.  
Daddy brought then back from Italy years ago.  Time to call the
electrician!




I painted a set of three nesting tables in Annie Sloan's Provence.
By the way can you see the beautiful Azaleas just outside the window?
Too bad they don't bloom all year because they coordinate with the 
decor :-)




Here is the third littlest of the nesting tables.  I think it is so cute.
I am going to use it in front of the love seat.  One must always have a
cute little table for a tea cup  don't you agree?




You see what I mean ~ a tiny table for a teacup is an essential, both
for the decorating impact and for the soul.






Well that's it for today.  Lots of work to do.  I don't know about you
but when I am playing house I really get in the "zone".  I go to a
zen place and the hours just fly by!


Bentley is in his own zen place ~ the comfy chair in my studio.


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




16 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! The ticking fabric is sweet and I adore those gorgeous pillow shams. What a pretty room this is going to be. Well, it already it, you know what I mean. The little tables are so sweet too. Keep on zenning!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so busy...doing so much painting over the last two weeks and this and that, you make my head spin :) Love it all...as to those azaleas ours won't bloom up this way for ages yet :( I linked up a sewing machine cover that I made, inspired by yours a week or two ago. LOL I have meant to make one for 2 years and when I saw yours I finally did. Inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! The little peeks of that room are really enticing. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks just lovely and I do love the fabric of the shams and also the folded material!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that fabric! Can't wait to see it on the bench. Love the pillow fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your soft blues! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love pretty pillows and that ticking will be great to coordinate! Enjoy your week and your pretty Spring things! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that zone quite well! Love the pillows!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a very busy gal! Looking good over there.



    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, Love, Love the ticking fabric. Everything looks so sweet. I can hardly wait to see the full tweak ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful fabric! And I love the color that you chose for the nesting tables! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the painted tables and the new fabric. The sconce is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the fabric you picked up I'm sure it will look good on your project.
    Have a great week.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I love all your details! The chandelier sconce is to die for!! I love all the blue too! I would love to have you join me for my Centerpiece Wednesday linky party and share this post with us. Come on over  http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2014/04/centerpiece-wednesday-cool-blues-with.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am the same way too at time. It's such fun. Can't wait to see all your updates all finished up and looking oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...