Monday, April 28, 2014

An Almost Complete Tweak


I have been really unfocused lately.  I start something and then get 
distracted by something else.  I am blaming it on a prolonged spring
fever.   But I wanted to show you that I finally chose some fabric to
make a skirt for my studio workspace.  



If you look closely you will see that it  is the same fabric I used for the
foot stool.  I like the fabric so much and I had plenty left to make the
skirt so I thought I would go ahead with it.




When I say it is not complete it really isn't.  I just have it pinned on right now.
You see this is a big trestle table.  It used to belong to my husband.  I love the
size of it, but the wood has a medium stain and there are flying ducks 
decoupaged on the top.  I know ~ way too masculine hunting lodge for me.
David used it for an office desk.  The good thing is that he had a glass top
made to protect the surface.  So I took an old linen table cloth and stretched
it out over the top.  Then we put the glass back on.  I still had the ugly wires
and stuff exposed from beneath.  Now the new cloth is pinned to the old
linen table cloth.  I will stitch the new one in place and cover the edges
with some grosgrain ribbon to give it a more finished look.




I kept a slit in the middle so I can still get to all of the wires and the cable
box and all of that necessary but unsightly stuff.  

So that's all for today.  Never fear though.  My project list is a long
one and I will keep showing you bits and pieces as I go along.
Have a fun day!



Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

26 comments:

  1. Such a soothing room for writing and working in. Lovely.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty fabric. What a lovely place to work, very girly.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the look you are achieving in your Texas house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pleasant and restful place! Looks calm and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sewing machine cover! Your studio is so pretty...lots of great inspiration for me as I am organizing my studio! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun making that cover. I have wanted one for a long time and just used what I had in my fabric and trim stash.

      Delete
  6. Enjoying every thing you do as you go along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. I will try to keep it lively!

      Delete
  7. I think I have a small piece of the blue fabric...I love anything with roses. And look at your pretty chenille! Enjoy your week my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to be doing the same thing. Spring fever?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring fever or second childhood. All I want to do lately is play!

      Delete
  9. Love your studio and all of the lovely touches ~ reminds me of spring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's already so pretty! I really, really like that cute sewing machine cover. I have one that just drapes over my machine and want to do something fitted but it must be cute.....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go through all of your fabric scraps and just start creating. That's what I did and I had fun!

      Delete
  11. Hello Susan and Bentley! I see that you are creating a desk skirt for your wonderful work area, but I couldn't help being fascinated by your darlin' step-back cupboard and it's miniature contents. I've missed see you miniature "worlds" you create. I've been busily hand stitching miniature quilts and will be setting my collection behind glass doors of a miniature armoire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been taking a break from minis for a bit. No doubt I will be back at it soon.

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful post!! A lovely transformation!! Love the sewing machine cover!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with it ~ mostly because it hides all the ugly wires and necessary electrical components I can't live without.

      Delete
  13. Hi Susan! Now aren't you the most creative one? I love this and the fabric is so pretty and has an old fashioned look! A big ole table is always a good thing as you can poke all kinds of cute things on top and under it too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, love it! You are so creative. I am envious. Even if you just keep it pinned and wired underneath it would still work out and still look great!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...