Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Let's Decorate a Beach Cottage


Let's pretend we have a beach cottage to decorate.  We can just whisk 
ourselves away in our minds for a mini vacation somewhere warm and
sunny because winter is getting old and we are by now all longing
to feel the warm rays of the sun on our skin.  

So let's get started ….

source

I love the look of all white with pops of color.  Love the ceiling too.  So
much texture and interest.


source

I have always loved this room.  So cottage.  So cozy.



This room just screams FUN!  I can just see myself walking into a
room like this while I am wearing white shorts, a hot pink tunic top and
wearing flip flops with sand between my toes :-)



I love those vintage lamps and shades.  So kitschy.





Such a happy spot to wash dishes.


source

This kitchen is so cute I want to hug it!



Let's not forget to decorate the bath.





After a fun filled day at the beach, a girl is going to need a cozy place to
rest her head.  This room is so serene and charming.


source


source

Still one of my favorite beach cottage bedrooms.




Screened in porch so we don't have to worry about bugs :-)




I am beginning to think a Mojito would be really good right about now.

I hope that this mini vacation chased away the winter doldrums.
Spring and summer are looming on the horizon.  Hooray!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

11 comments:

  1. I'll arm wrestle you for that beach cottage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a beach cottage but my sister lives by the sea, i will visit soon.
    Merle..................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... you've inspired me today! I can see the bay from my kitchen window but I can't quite smell the sea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a cute little cottage! Those pics - every single one of them - dreamy awesomeness! Thanks for the dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a bathroom where they repurpose an old dresser into the sink. They do that quite a bit on my favorite home show, Fixer Upper. Also love that white bedroom with the green Swiss dots arm chairs & the bench at the end of the bed. They're all pretty dreamy. Thanks for sharing Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all.. I love turquoise and all the color.. it would be wonderful to do all that.. Happy Wednesday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I get to heaven look for me by the sea. That is where I have longed to be.So since I probably will never get to live by the sea here, I ask to there. Really! But your post took me there visually. Been raining here all day. SO your pictures were nice to see.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...