Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Antiques at Round Top Part One


Antique Week at Round Top can be exhausting.  The crowds are huge and
the sheer size of the entire venue is somewhat overwhelming.  I went on the 
last day which was Saturday, the day before Easter.  The crowds while still
quite large, were not as stifling as those in the past so it was definitely easier
to browse.

I decided to limit my focus to Marburger Farm.  There were about 350
vendors from all across the country and some foreign ones too spread out
through ten huge tents and twelve charming and historic buildings.
I am so happy I made this choice because I saw some fabulous pieces.

Don't you love this chair?  My Mom would have been beside herself
with joy.  She loved French pieces ~ especially in blue and white.




Love the lines of this sofa too.




 Lots of vintage silver in many of the displays.  I was happy to
see this.  



I was just oohing and aahing over the many pretty table and hanging
chandeliers everywhere.




This bouillotte lamp in this color ~ love, love, love it!




Sigh ….



This pair of chairs.  If Mom had been with me she would have been 
pulling out her credit card ;-)



Notice the detail on the side.  Statement piece for sure.



French grain sacks were everywhere and on everything.



Beautiful antique doors and architectural elements.


The day could not have been more perfect.  The show was fabulous and
the weather superb.  The rolling hills, wildflowers in bloom and cattle
everywhere.  Truly a memorable experience.

Come back by tomorrow and I will have more pics to share with y'all!


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




24 comments:

  1. Hi Susan and Bentley such beautiful pieces of furniture. I would had to tie my hands down to stop spending. Did you buy anything or was you good and just enjoyed looking.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I did buy a couple of things and I will show them to you later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to this. I'm sure I'd have worn out fast! Looks like fun though.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to make it down here sometime. I know you would love it.

      Delete
  4. How could you choose? Did you choose? Waiting to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that as a surprise for now, but will share with you in a few days.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for taking us on the trip with you. Looks like lots of nice stuff. Anxious to see what you got.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be showing you more of the show tomorrow. Later I will show y'all what I fought.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great day.
    Lots to look at and maybe buy.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots to look at for sure. Would love to come home with a car load, but I don't think my hubby would be too happy about it ;-)

      Delete
  7. what a great space, love all the Frenchiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I was able to go to Round Top for the first time last fall but Marburger Farm was not open yet when I was there. I hope to go back again this fall. I can't wait to see more of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get to Round Top in the fall, don't miss Marburger. Drop me a note if you plan to be there in the fall and we can shop and have lunch together or something!

      Delete
  9. My gosh, Susan! What wonderful pictures. Oh- those chairs that you said your mother would love are just gorgeous! I have never seen any like them. I have never been to Round Top. I bet it really is a bit overwhelming with so much to see and so many vendors. I think I would have stayed right in that area you were in, too! Beautiful things!!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those chairs are stunning! The show is so big and Marburger Farm is only one venue. There are many, many more. This coming fall I will focus on the Big Red Barn.

      Delete
  10. Hi Susan and Bentley. That place will be added to my bucket list. Your pictures are so full of exciting things. I love when Chip and Joanna Gaines, Fixer Upper, go to the Roundtop show. Did you buy anything pretty?. Thank you for stopping by the Cottage. I appreciate your visit and your kind words..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy a couple of things. Will show y'all later. Love Chip and Joanna!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. One year you will have to come down here and stay with me so that we can go together!

      Delete
  12. I hope you ran into my friend, Judy Hill, of J. Hill Designs, from Kilgore, TX. She sets up at Marburger every year. And, twice a year she puts everything in her house up for sale! Find her Facebook page. I've always gone in the spring for a week and have never seen it all. This year I am going in the fall. Already have my reservations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Goodness! I am drooling (sorry). Cannot wait for more pictures and find out what you got.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...