Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fresh Out of the Oven



I have never spent much time baking.  My Mom was a wiz at it but I always
preferred cooking.  Recently I decided that it might be a good idea to try out
a few baking recipes and this morning would be the day to start.




I love blueberries and I love lemon so I just knew I was going to love this
bread.  It's a blueberry, lemon and pecan bread with a lemon glaze on top.
You can find the recipe here.




It also gave me the chance to use my Bennington Pottery bread pan.
It's in the Morning Glory Blue pattern.  David Gil started producing his 
pottery way back in 1964 in Bennington, Vermont.  I love their pieces 
and I think they mix and match quite nicely with my other pieces of
blue and white.  If you are not familiar with Bennington Pottery,
here is a link to their website where you can read about their history
and view some of their lovely collections.



One of the reasons I love blue and white china so much is that it
just lends itself to mix and matching and however you mix it, everything
always works so well together.  



I love this tiny cow creamer.  She came from Smitten up in Fredericksburg, TX.



My Mom and I each bought one of these Mason's sandwich trays on our last
trip to England together.  I love Mason's.  Don't see it here in the states but 
you can buy pieces off of eBay.  The teapot and cup and saucer in this
tablescape are Mason's too.





Here you are ~ two slices of freshly baked blueberry, lemon and 
chopped pecan bread.  I already had a slice just to test it out.  Don't
mind saying that it is yummy.  Bentley thought so too when I gave
him a little morsel.



No Bentley ~ you may not have anymore blueberry bread.
Mama wrapped it up and put it away.  Maybe tomorrow we
can have some more, but we will have to take a long walkie
afterwards to walk off the calories :-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



27 comments:

  1. The bread looks delicious and the table-setting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the blue and white, and that bread cake looks delicious! xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we ever get tired of blue and white do we?

      Delete
  3. Yum! Dear friend, wish I was close enough to come over and have a piece of that delicious blueberry and lemon bread. Looks wonderful! Your blue and white table setting is so pretty. Love anything Mason.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Masons too. My mother-in-law had the Colonial Plantation pattern and I was lucky enough to inherit a few pieces. Wish you lived close by too!

      Delete
  4. Oh my that DOES look delicious!! :) And so does the pretty china! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bread recipe is easy and it really is yummy. Hubby likes it too.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous blue and white dishes and I specially love the sandwich tray you both got it in England. The bread-cake looks yummy, I can smell it! Wish I had a piece right now.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that sandwich tray too. When I found it I was just starting to collect blue and white. It is still one of my favorite pieces.

      Delete
  6. I am reading this just before I eat dinner - now all I want for dinner is blueberry bread!!! Yours looks so yummy. It may be because of the beautiful setting around it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw this recipe I just knew I had to make it. Give it a try!

      Delete
  7. All of the blue and white is lovely and I like the way it matches your bread. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bread was the inspiration for the tablescape!

      Delete
  8. That looks absolutely delicious. I do love to bake so will look this recipe up. However, WHEN you get tired of those gorgeous dishes you can send them my way. I LOVE that tray and bread "pan".
    Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a little secret ~ I never used this bread pan before and I have owned it for quite a few years. I just bought it because I thought it was cute :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Your dishes are so pretty! And the bread looks YUM!! i can almost smell it baking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking something yummy gives the whole house a wonderful fragrance!

      Delete
  10. Yummmmmm I will have to look that one up! Thank you for the Bennington link, I will enjoy seeing all of their items!
    Be blessed,
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy the Bennington site. They have several different patterns now and are really fun to mix in with other patterns.

      Delete
  11. That blueberry lemon bread looks scrumptious! I can't wait to try it. Love the loaf pan that it's in too. Very pretty. Thanks for the recipe link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meant to say that since blueberries are so good for you that makes this bread a healthy treat too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The moment I saw your post I thought: Cozy. Home. Comfort. I love those Mason pieces, especially the sandwich trays. I have been craving lemon blueberry bread lately, although I don't put pecans on mine . . . Until now. What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...