Wednesday, July 29, 2015

In Memory of Cecil


I am so saddened by the brutal and senseless killing of the 
magnificent Cecil the lion by a shallow minded dentist from
Minnesota.  There is nothing we can do to bring back this
majestic animal, but there is something I can do to help
spread the word of this shameful "sport" and to make
others aware of the true tragedy of this loss.


source

How anyone could shoot this beautiful giant is beyond me.  I don't
know about you, but when I think of the African continent I always
think of lions and elephants roaming the wild.  I would hate to think
that future generations would never be able to see these regal
creatures in the wild again, yet that is where we are headed if we
don't do something to stop the poaching.  Education is also
necessary to teach African farmers how to prevent livestock loss
so that they don't shoot every big cat who threatens their herd.

Until I started to read about trophy hunting, I was foolish enough to
believe that this was a sport of the past.  I actually believed that we
had evolved past the stage where shooting lions and tigers and
mounting their heads in dens was acceptable in our enlightened
society.  I thought that people only went on photographic
safaris now.  Boy was I misinformed!  It's big business and most
of these trophy hunters are from the US.



source


I would hate to think that the only way these animals can
survive is in captivity.  I want as many as possible to run wild
and free as Cecil once did.  Let's cause an uproar!

If you want to learn more about how you can help to save these
beautiful big cats, read more Here.


And watch and listen here.

Y'all know what a big dog lover I am, and now you
know that I am a Big Cat lover too.  And I will
warn you ~ I am also a tree hugger :-)

Rest in peace Cecil.  You will be missed by
many.

Big Texas Roars,
Susan and Bentley











8 comments:

  1. This news sickened me earlier today ! I hope they charge the moron .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never understood the mind that gets pleasure from killing God's creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I'm with you all the way. I thought that was a thing of the past too. What a horrible shame and I don't think he will ever be a dentist again! So maybe he won't have the $50,000 + to throw around for this effort. I certainly am glad that I am not in a position to have to hunt for food. I realize that there are cultures that have to, but the majority that shoot animals could just as well go to the store for their meat!!! There now I've made a lot of enemies I'm sure!..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A tragedy that should never have happened, this dentist had no idea what social media and animal lovers could do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an idiot......hope his dental practice falls on its face!! I was sick and disgusted over hearing this sad news......I also thought this trophy hunting was a thing of the past!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When i saw this on the news yesterday i just cried. So sad. So awful. Many tears shed for that beautiful and majestic lion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ihope that man has nightmares about lions the rest of his life

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is was so beautiful. I am very saddened.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...