Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Mama Can You See My Christmas Decorations Up in Heaven?


Two live Christmas trees were delivered at our house yesterday.
A big one for the living room and a smaller one for the family room.

Last year I was so saddened by the loss of my Mom that I didn't feel
like doing much decorating.  We bought a big live tree and had it 
delivered to our house.  It sat in the living room undecorated.  I 
started to get out the ornaments, but couldn't even hang one.  

But this year is different and I will tell you why ….



I can feel the presence of my Mom.  Every time I go to decorate a spot in our
home it feels as though she is right there with me.  Daddy too.  It has been very
comforting and has given me a sense of peace and contentment that I have
not experienced for a while.




I'm decorating table tops and shelves.  I use their decorations mixed in
with my own.  I have added new decorations and I can imagine their 
reactions.  Christmas was always over the top at my house when I 
was a child, and I am carrying on that tradition.  It feels good and right
to be happy and joyous once again.



I am decorating the smaller of the two trees first.  It's being decorated like a 
cozy cottage tree with more rustic and natural elements.  



This tree is tucked into a corner of our family room, but is visible from
every angle.  The big tree in the living room will be decorated with mostly
Mom and Daddy's ornaments.  It will be the grand tree in the house and it
will be the elegant tree.  



So obviously, I have lots of work to do today.  Bentley is watching me
when he is not outside chasing squirrels.  He is really in his
"on patrol" mood and has chased them three times already this morning :-)




The Texas blog hop continues today.  Don't forget to 
stop by and visit more talented Texans!


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

9 comments:

  1. So touching Susan. Glad you feel the presence of your mom and dad around you as you decorate this year. They are with you in spirit. Happy Decorating. It is looking so pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to us all, My husband's Mother died on Dec 8 1997, she was here with us. Thanksgiving was very quiet that year just my husband and I, his Mom upstairs. We had a big Christmas, that year remembering her, me complaining about all the presents she use to drag over here in an un- holiday black trash bag! When we cleaned out her home, I found dozens of Holiday tea towels, so every year I pull them out and stack on a bench in the kitchen and Claudia is there lending a hand every year helping to dry the dishes, it is a way of remembering. You will find your way too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I'm sure you Mama is watching!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad for you that you have healed and now feel your Mom's presence ~ She is 'watching over you' and your home looks so lovingly and beautifully decorated!

    Wishing you the magic and love of the Season ~
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom would love what you're doing in your cozy home for Christmas - and she's right there with you, giving you a big hug. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. No question our moms are looking down upon us smiling, knowing how much we enjoy this season of the year. '-)
    Two trees - you were a busy girl today! I've pretty much finished here. I know I'll continue to tweak things for the next few days, but basically I'm finished. My husband asked me when we are entertaining. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Susan and Bentley,iv had little time to do any blogging since July,but i have kept up with the reading of them,may i say that i feel sure your mom is with you at every opportunity she gets,at least id like to think so.Your home is always beautiful,even more so at this time of year,may i take this time to wish you all a very happy Christmas..way over hear in England i an not ready for the season yet..Take care,stay safe..Una..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful....Christmas can make us rather sad when we think of our beloved family members who we no longer have with us...gentle hugs Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy that you feel your mom and daddy's presence in your home, Susan. It is comforting to be surrounded by their things, which are now your treasures. Love and hugs are sent to you.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...