Monday, August 1, 2016

New Month, New Me, Lots of Chit Chat


It's hard to believe that July is gone and now it's August!  Summer is
flying by so quickly.  We have been out of town so often that I feel as
though I have done nothing but pack and unpack.  It's been fun though.

The Fitbit that David gave me for my birthday has changed my life!
I am making sure that I get in my 10,000 steps per day, and doing
aerobics and pilates, and drinking lots of water.  For the past week I
have slept better than I have in months and I am feeling really good
as a result.  I have become so fitness crazed that I ordered a Simply
Fit Board too.  Have you seen one of those boards?  It was on 
Shark Tank (love that show) and you stand on the board and twist
for a really good core workout.  I have inserted a video below so 
you can see what I am talking about.



I will let you know how much I enjoy it and how effective
it is after I receive the board and have a chance to use it for a
couple of weeks.  

Did you notice the mug of hot water and lemon in the first photo?
It is also part of my new fitness routine.  I drink a couple of mugs
full of hot water and lemon in the morning and I am loving it.




I have been doing lots of reading too, mostly fiction, but some non-fiction
as well.  I try to get in about 30 minutes each night before I go to sleep.
I stopped at Hastings (they are going out of business) over the weekend
and picked up a copy of Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews.  I always
enjoy her books, especially as summer reads.  




I checked out a cookbook from the library (Screen Doors and Sweet Tea)
and I enjoyed the recipes so much that I bought my own copy.  I am really 
looking forward to sharing some of the recipes with you.  Now, I realize
that southern cooking is not exactly figure friendly, but if you keep the
portion size down and you are working out as hard as I have been, I think
it will be just fine.  After all, life is meant to be enjoyed ~ don't you 
think???

I am going to be trying the Sweet Potato Biscuit recipe from this
cookbook, and I will be giving you a demo of the attempt.  Maybe I
should make a video, hmmm ~ we'll see.



I bought a rotisserie chicken on Saturday and have pulled off most of 
the meat for curried chicken salad and plan to use the carcass for making
chicken noodle soup.  I could eat chicken noodle soup every day I love it
so much.  Sometimes I make Cream of Wheat dumplings and add it to
the broth instead of noodles.  That's what my grandmama always did.

Okay girlfriends ~ let's make August a memorable one!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


14 comments:

  1. Dear Friend - I cannot believe it is August 1st already! June and July went so fast. I am so proud of you working so hard on your health. I just can't seem to get started. LOL

    Have a good week.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll help you! What is most important is that we improve and or maintain good health so that we have quality time to spend with the ones we love. I will be happy to be your coach!!

      Delete
  2. Susan, you are so motivating!! I've never had a Fitbit but even wearing a pedometer is motivating to me. I walked at least 10,000 steps for several years...and then I started reading blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, blog reading does make one sit quite a bit ;-)

      Delete
  3. So happy for you! I've been doing much better since my gallbladder surgery. I've lost weight and I'm trying really hard to eat healthier and move more. I love that we can all support each other in an effort to get healthier!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news Linda! The more you move and the healthier your diet becomes the better you will feel. I love supporting one another too!!

      Delete
  4. Susan, thank you so much for this post. I am a new subscriber via Bloglovin and I find your photos and your short chit chats fun. I like how you keep things simple while improving your health. I look forward to the Simply Fit board reviews. It looks like it could be loads of fun. I'm preparing for the Whole 30 challenge to start on August 22 after a procedure that gets me all cleaned out (I'm sure you can figure out what that involves). It's my attempt at improved health, along with more exercise.
    Take care,
    Marrianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marrianna! I am anxious to try out the Simply Fit board too.

      Delete
  5. I would love to have your recipe for cream of wheat dumplings. That sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fitbit board looks awesome... just have to wait to use it until my knee heals! I feel last week and twisted it really good/bad! The twisting I'm sure would NOT be good for it.. but that board looks so great for balance and core strengthening... need to get my and hubby one. We need to exercise and walk more... why is it so hard to make ourselves do that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good that you are exercising ♥ Have a lovely day ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I start my morning with lemon water too. Don't have a fit-bit, but the fit board looks like something that would be good to keep around because it's easy to use. I'll be interested to know what you think.
    Yes, can't believe August is here. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh come now...please share cream of wheat dumplings recipe. I'm a big fan of cream of wheat, but cannot imagine how you could make dumplings.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...