Thursday, August 18, 2016

Tea Carts and Transferware




Years ago I found a sad little tea cart in a consignment shop.  It was painted
a variety of colors and it's previous owner had attached one of those cheap
metal (aluminum I think) paper towel holders to it.  Of course I immediately 
snapped it up and painted it white and removed the towel holder and
I revealed it's cottage charm.

Today, I set it up with one of my blue and white tea pots.  It came with
a set of dishes that I purchased in London and had shipped back to 
Houston when I was living there.  It was the first set of dishes I had
in my little apartment.  I have always loved it's sweet charm charm.



I like to mix and match my blue and white.  The patterns may be different,
but they all seem to work together.



I bought this little tea sandwich tray in London too.  Mom and
Daddy were with me on that trip and Mom bought one too.  It
was one of her favorites.

Be sure to stop by my other blog, 
I am featuring Claudia Hill's fantasy filled
dollhouse and you won't want to miss it.

Today I am linking up to these parties ~

Feathering Your Nest
Vintage Charm

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

14 comments:

  1. Niiice! And I love those blue and white teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tea cart and it does look charming set with your blue and whites! I have never been able to find a tea cart here unfortunately. The bigger the population, the easier I think it is to find certain treasures. Have a beautiful day and give Bentley a pat for me. My son and his family were here to visit for two weeks and they had brought their little pup Boomer with them. He is a Shinese and do I ever miss his sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tea cart! And your blue and white tea set is so pretty. Now, when is tea time? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a soft spot for transferware and I'm loving your tea cart with the ever lovely blue and white dishes.

    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tea cart. I want one been on the look out dor one but no luck yet. Your makes me really want one with all that pretty white and blue lovely items. Nice post. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Lovely tea cart and stunning blue and white dishes!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is lovely. My grandma had a thing for blue and white dishes in general and Blue Willow in particular so they always inspire a bit of sentimentality when I see them used. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a perfect day for a tea cart here. I'm loving these rainy days. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am getting ready to experiment with painting. I have an old coffee table I'm going to try and paint white. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue and white china always makes me happy and that tea cart, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I love blue & white.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely photographs, Susan! I love all of your blue and white transferware. I bought quite a lot of it while I lived in the UK myself. Thanks so much for linking up with Vintage Charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a very nice little tea cart there! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tea cart, Susan! My mother, aunts, grandmother all loved blue and white china, so I think I had no choice in the matter!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...