Friday, November 18, 2016

Getting Ready For A Cozy Weekend


Ooh baby, a cold front is moving in.  It's supposed to go down to 47 
degrees ;-)  David is in a golf tournament all weekend and he is thrilled
because he hates the heat.  I know, he's a Texas boy, but he went to school
up in New England for many years while he was young and really adapted
to the cooler temps.  And then of course, we lived in Northern Virginia
for four years when we were first married and it got cold there too.


I am hoping that it is fireplace weather starting tomorrow.  There is nothing
I like better that a wood burning fire and we don't have the opportunity
to have them very often.   I really became a good fire builder when we 
lived in our sweet little farmhouse in the horse country of Virginia.  We
used to order wood from a local mill.  We would buy the tailings which 
were perfect because they were already split for the most part.  They
would drop off a load and I would stack up a small pile on the front porch.
I could have a fire going in no time at all.  It was especially nice in the
evening after David worked hard all day and would drive down our
country lane and see the smoke coming out of our chimney and walk
inside to yummy smells coming from the kitchen.  Our cozy and 
comfy little nest.



So I am keeping my fingers crossed and perhaps I'll be stoking the fire
tomorrow too.  


Perhaps with some morning coffee and a good book by the fire.


I love to cook and I especially love to make yummy soups and stews.
I am longing for some homemade chicken pot pie too.  I remember 
going into the city (Chicago) with my Mom.  We would take the train
into the city for a day's shopping adventure and we would stop for 
lunch at the Walnut Room at Marshall Fields.  Mrs Hering's chicken pot
pie was so yummy.  Here is the Recipe in case you want to try it
this weekend.


David will be on the golf course and I'll be in the kitchen.  I'll be
loving it.  Listening to music I love and creating yumminess.  Bentley
will be nearby of course, hoping for some tasty tidbit to fall on the
floor ;-)


But then it's hard to say no to that sweet little face!



And on Sunday afternoon I am planning to curl up in bed with Bentley
and watch old Christmas movies like, Christmas in Connecticut, The Bishop's
Wife (the old one with Cary Grant, David Niven and Loretta Young), and 
White Christmas and Miracle on 34th Street.   Later in the evening, when
we call it a day, I'll have sweet dreams of starring in our own movie ....


Bentley and I are hams ;-)

So get ready and start making your own plans because it's Friday
and y'all need to make your own nests cozy for the weekend too.
And .... you might need some great recipes, so enjoy this last 
day of the Holiday Recipe Blog Hop


Today you can visit these savvy girls ~


And a big Texas thank you to our hostess Carol from
Blue Sky Kitchen.  Carol is always creating something
yummy in her kitchen!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley








7 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan sounds like the perfect weekend in your little nest. That is the way I feel about my home too! Would love to sit by tat fire and share a cup of tea/coffee with you! Is that your bedroom? Wow, pretty, would love to see a colored photo of it! ahhh, cuddling with Bentley sounds devine! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend. We've started ours with homemade beef stew (Mom made) which she shared with me and my daughter Sara. Some cozy time with a book tonight and hopefully a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful weekend for all of you-golfing, cooking, movies and scraps for Bentley. I love a fire, too. There is nothing like a fire and a bowl of soup to warm the heart on a cold night. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures, recipes, and plans for the weekend. We are expecting rain so I definitely need to relax and nest with my fur baby, Jake. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I come spend the weekend with you? I love your blogs, Susan. You draw me right into your world. Now I think I'll go cook something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home really looks cozy!! I'm kinda staying in this weekend also. Well, did hit a couple of estate sales. We're really cool also. Had our first real freeze last night. Have a great weekend.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty pictures and I hope y'all are enjoying all those great old movies, Oh I love them so!! It sure was a different world, warmer, cozier, safer, quieter.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...