Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Planning My Christmas Cookie Baking List



With Thanksgiving just a week away, it's not too soon to start thinking
about Christmas cookies.  Planning the cookie list is part of the fun.
I love to make favorite recipes from my Mom and from my friends.
Every cookie brings back a treasured memory.  

The tarts above are not technically cookies, but they start with a 
refrigerated cookie dough and baked in a muffin tin, then filled with
vanilla pudding and topped with raspberries and powdered sugar.
I made these for the first time last year and took them over to share
with a friend.  I will have to dig out the recipe and share it with you.



I have baked these candy cane cookies for as long as I can remember.
It's a simple butter cookie with peppermint flavoring added to the dough.
The dough is then divided and one batch is mixed with red food coloring.
It's my signature cookie.



I always bake some gingerbread cookies too.


Thumbprints filled with raspberry jam are another one of 
my favorites.  This recipe comes from an old Betty Crocker
cookbook.


The week after Thanksgiving, I will begin to share cookie recipes 
with you.  I always bake plates of cookies to share with our neighbors,
so you will be included in the process.  Until then, be sure to stop by
the Holiday Blog Hop for more recipes from our friends.


Today's participants are:


And a very big thank you to Carol at Blue Sky Kitchen for
organizing this recipe blog hop!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley












10 comments:

  1. I love Christmas cookies and just might bake some this year. I look forward to your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such much YUM!

    I make those Candy Cane cookies too. Did you get the recipe from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always looking for cookie recipes because I bake every week for the children I read to. This year we are also bringing some trays of cookies to the doctor's office and to the floor in the hospital where my husband was a patient. All of these people are Saints to us and it is a nice way to say Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get the recipes they all look so yummy... I love all the red things that you showed so lovely along with the candy cane cookies... Love the cake plate with red ribbon.. So exciting.. Happy Wednesday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had just finished a comment when my computer shut down so not sure if it will come through or not. Anyway, my favorite thing during the Christmas season in the kitchen is baking cookies. I don't make as many kinds as I used to -but OH! I love them all. Your candy canes are MUCH prettier than my own!! I have a new ginger/molasses cookie recipe that I got from my cousin. It is the best gingery-molasses cookie I have EVER had. I will have to share it on my blog.
    Hope you have a great week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful Susan! Be sure and tell us what can be baked ahead of time and what can not. I love to know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Christmas cookies and also get such a joy out of baking them. Baking Christmas cookies is just a feel good holiday tradition for me. I have done cut out Christmas candy canes but never these that you have shown us. I might have to add these to my Christmas cookie line up! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful collection of cookies Susan! The tart recipe sounds interesting:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look wonderful! I remember my mom making those candy canes for her bratty elementary school daughter who asked her, "When can we have store-bought cookies again." I made her cry and I'm so embarrassed about it years later (though I'm sure that story went to lunch, bridge club and everywhere else she went for ages!). Now I feel compelled to make them -- just to penance!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...