Friday, August 10, 2018

Homemade Soup and a Good Book


It's hot and humid outside, and a cool salad seems more appropriate
for lunch, but I was longing for a mug of homemade hot soup to
sip while finishing up my current read.

Soup is my favorite food to make.   It's flavorful, comforting and
as cozy as a well worn quilt.  This mug is full of tomato and rice
soup that took just minutes to make.

I sautéed some onion and garlic.  I added 1 can of diced tomatoes,
and a can full of chicken broth.  After bringing this to a boil, I
let it simmer for 30 minutes.  I took out my immersion blender
and whipped it all together which made the soup so creamy.
Then I added just a touch of half and half and some left over
rice pilaf from last night's dinner.  I poured the soup into a
mug, and added a bit of shredded Romano and Parmesan
cheese to the top.  Yum!  Happy Friday everyone!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

3 comments:

  1. I'm in a book club, and we are always looking for a good book--would you recommend this one? Your soup sounds delicious! I'm also a soup lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am happy to recommend this book. The protagonist is a young woman living in Vienna. Her father is a famous author and the political situation in Austria is very anti-Jew. Her parents have her sent to an English Country manor house to work as a servant. Her other sister and brother-in-law leave for the US. As the start of WWII begins, her parents are trapped in Austria and become unable to pay the rising cost of bribes to escape. It is a sad, but very engrossing tale.

      Delete
  2. I love to eat soup....in the winter:) It's just too, too hot here for me to crave any right now. But a good book is always a go-to no matter the season! Now I'm off to read more of your blog. Maybe you'll come visit mine sometimes. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...