Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Re-Arranging a French Country Bedroom


Yesterday, I decided to move some furniture around in the guest bedroom.
I switched the positions of the bed and the love seat, and then moved
whatever I thought looked displaced.  So, as you can see now, the bed
is now backed with the mirror and sconces.



This was something I had been thinking about for a while and 
once I saw the bed in it's new position, I was happy!




Here is the love seat where the bed used to be and the wing back 
chair is now in the opposite corner from where it was.   I am sorry
these photos came out rather dark, but the clouds have been  building 
all day, and we might be having another thunderstorm.  



I am deciding on a gallery arrangement over the love seat.  Mama had
some lovely vintage pieces I would like to use.  I'll take my time and
figure it out.




The lovely cane bench that used to be at the foot of the bed,
is now angled towards the French doors that lead to the patio.



This fake fur throw gives it a touch of glam.




The French chair that was in the alcove to the garden, has now
been moved to one end of the love seat.




This set of nesting tables came from Soft Surroundings about five
years ago.  Love it!


This whole room is based on using what I already own. 



As y'all know, just moving things around can make a big difference
in the aesthetics of a room, and make the old seem new again.



I still want the walls painted an off white, but for now I am happy
with the results.  The next big project in to turn one of the two closets
into a guest worthy one.  Stay tuned for that project.  Until then,
stay cool my friends, stay cool.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




12 comments:

  1. Love the colors, Susan! Serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan...I simply adore this room...it's so soft and feminine...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the loveliest pieces in this room. So, soft and romantic without being fussy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors you used and I love those nesting tables from Soft Sounding I would have ordered those if I had seen them
    You room is very picture perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how rearranging changes the feel of a room. I love your decor in this space. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...