Sunday, December 5, 2010

***A Thelma Update!***


Thelma has never been a follower ...
She likes to blaze her own trail.
She was brave enough to hop the fence and sit on our front porch.
Now in the midst of inches of snow ...
Thelma has decided to molt!
So now, according to her Mom (otherwise known as Dr. Amy)
she is living in the comfort of the cozy heated quest house next door ...
in the lap of luxury!
Who said chickens are dumb???

No Bentley ... you cannot disturb Thelma right now, she is busy
growing new feathers!!!

Further updates as necessary.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

9 comments:

  1. I just love how you describe your barn yard neighbor friends so that I feel like I know them, so fun at at The Ash Tree Cottage...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS THE CUTEST STORY ABOUT THELMA. I LOVE CHICKENS. I COLLECT ARTIFICIAL CHICKENS BUT WOULD LOVE TO OWN A COUPLE ONE DAY. YOU SHOULD WRITE A CHILDREN'S STORY ABOUT THELMA...CHILDREN AND ADULTS WOULD LOVE IT.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Thelma is having her own mini-vacation:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had often wondered about Bentley's "friend" and how marvelous to hear some news of her.
    Bentley how lucky are you that you do not molt?
    Stay warm and snug next to mommy and let us all know how your buddy Thelma is doing!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Thelma, she knows what she is doing.
    Arf to Bentley, Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering about Thelma. She is such a cool chickie. Love her spunk!
    xo to you and Momma, Bentley :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Our chickens are pretty sure that the snow sucks! They won't even come out of their house and they have definately slowed down laying... which we understand they will do - Hope you are enjoying this winter wonderland we have cuz I think it is melting away :) xo, SJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thelma knows how to stay warm ~ molt and mommy will make her all snuggly. I would love to have chickens, but my Minday would'nt stand for that!
    Give Bentley a hug..
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...