Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wishing You a Happy Easter



The temps went down to freezing last night.  I checked on my daffodils and
tulips and they seemed to withstand the cold.  The plum trees all over town
are blooming and they are such a welcoming sight proving to us that 
spring has arrived despite the crazy weather.  



This pair of vintage lamb salt and pepper shakers have been in my
cottage for several years now.  They are chippy and worn, but I fell in
love with them.  I still recall the day I bought them at a little antique
shop in my neighborhood.  I remember the look on the dealer's face
when I bought them, as if to say "why would she want those?"



I have not decided on what to serve for Easter dinner.  Should I 
roast a leg of lamb or should we have ham this year?  I saw some lovely
racks of lamb at the butcher counter yesterday.  Asparagus is always on
the Easter menu regardless of what else I serve.  Some tiny rolls with 
a compounded butter mixed with fine herbs would be nice.  I better 
make my decision today so that I can get my shopping done.



I am off to my Mom's house this morning to oversee the latest installment
of her kitchen remodel.  I have the carpenters scheduled to start the trim work.
We are beefing up the crown molding in the dining room too.  It will be a 
busy day.  

Bentley and I wish you and yours a Blessed Easter.  We will be spending
time with family and will see you all next week.

Until then we are joining ~

and

Bentley ~ let's head over to grandma's house and watch the saw dust fly!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

25 comments:

  1. I love your little vintage salt and pepper shakers! Enjoy your Easter! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I think the lamb shakers are adorable and look so good with your table setting! Enjoy your time with your Mom.....and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Everything goes together so nicely. Whatever you decide to serve will be wonderful.

    Happy Easter and many blessings,

    Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty...love the lambs and those dishes are so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan! Your little table setting looks so sweet. I too, love those little lambie pies! :) I'm sure your Easter dinner will be wonderful. I want to have ham! :)
    Have a blessed Easter and be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table-setting is just lovely. Those lambs are very very sweet. Have a blessed Easter. I'm sure Bentley will be having a special Easter basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting to hear what your final decision is for Easter dinner...I know it will be so good.
    Hope your Easter weekend is filled with many sweet blessings...
    You and Bently, take care..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your lamp shakers. So cute! And what a pretty Easter pale palette setting for your table. Just lovely!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan ~ Your salt and pepper shakes are just adorable. I would have bought these as well. Just for their sweetness.
    I wish you and your a truly blessed Easter. Enjoy your family ~ Bentley ~ is the Easter Bunny bringing you treats ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Susan, I adore your little lambs! Happy Easter to you and your family! I'm off to the market also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Susan I and drooling over your little lamb salt and pepper shakers. How cute are they? With shakers like those, your Easter dinner is bound to be wonderful. This is such a wonderful post! I would love it if you would share this at our WIW linky party. Hope to see you there.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are darling salt and pepper shakers.
    Happy Easter!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shakers are adorable! Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Easter. ~Diane (I am #16)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your weather may be cold and crazy outside, but spring has arrived beautifully in your home. I love this sweet Easter vignette. The vintage lamb salt and pepper shakers are sweet and adorable. Beautiful!
    Happy Pink Saturday.

    Easter Blessings
    ~Emily
    the French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful music……..

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the adorable S&P shakers. Your spring vignetter looks so warm and pretty, so lets forget the cold outside! Thanks for sharing this loveliness. HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think those little lamb salt and pepper shakers are adorable. Thank you for saving them. I probably would have done the same. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Susan, I passed the fence and drew into the gate to see you and Bentley and I lingered there on this beautiful Good Friday evening glad to get a glimpse of your lamb salt and pepper shakers. Happy Easter, Blessings Terri http://morningdewdrops.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your salt and pepper lambs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Easter to you and your family, Susan. And, of course to Bentley, too. Thank you for all you do to make Pink Saturday special.♥

    What did you decide on for your Easter dinner? We are having ham, potato salad, baked sweet potatoes, asparagus, yellow squash, deviled eggs, rolls, pickled peaches and a crudite tray. I still have to decide on dessert, and I better make up my mind soon.

    Susan, that china is the prettiest pattern. Your setting looks like the epitome of Spring. And, those sweet lambs gave me a big smile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love the little lambs! It all looks very pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks so soft and pretty. I love the delicate flowers on your china and those lambs are the sweetest little things. I would have brought them home as well!
    Have a wonderful Easter and I'm sure your dinner will be delicious no matter what you choose.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Easter Susan and Bently!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very sweet. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays this Easter.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...