Friday, December 11, 2020

Too Warm for Hot Chocolate


It really doesn't feel like hot chocolate weather, but then it
rarely does in South Texas.  I love the idea of it though.
Christmas is one time of the year when I am not willing
to part with tradition.  Are you?  Or do you like to
shake things us and take a modern perspective?

We put the lights on our Christmas tree last night, and 
I spent most of the afternoon decorating it.  I'm not
finished yet.  I was initially thinking that I would keep
everything simple, but I have tossed out that idea.
Hopefully, tonight I will be finished and then I 
can just sit back and enjoy the scene.

Lots of Love,
Susan and Oliver

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying your tree. My son and I moved into a manufactured home in a 55 and over community three months ago and he has been in the hospital 4 times since then. I still haven't finished unpacking and settling in, so I don't think I'm going to tackle any Christmas decorations this year. I am going to enjoy looking at others around my new community and online. Have a very blessed Christmas Susan. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour it on!!! I was in S. TX at McAllen this week teaching a class. Texans are very hospitable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Susan! I have a friend who relocated from here in the Kansas City, MO area to AZ, and she is STILL having to wrestle - after nearly 10 years gone now - with the notion of it being too warm for hot chocolate at Christmas time! It’s chilly here, daytime highs in the 40s now. Nights dip into the 20s. Sometimes we all WISH it was too warm for hot chocolate!😄

    I like to occasionally part with tradition. Certainly in these times of COVID-19 it has been necessary if not mandated. Making the very best of it, though!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot chocolate is always good! I am so happy that you are enjoying decorating again and of course, Oliver. He is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all is well. I miss your posts. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...