Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas at Mom's House


Let's go visit my Mom's house.  
Her mantel is decorated for the holidays.  That frame over the
mantel came from my Great Grandmother's farm in Pennsylvania.




Daddy brought the sconces back from a trip to Rome.  We are the
lucky recipients of his many international business travels.



A pretty ornament on the mantel.




Let's move over to the coffee table for some cheese fondue and a glass of wine.




Daddy brought this fondue pot back from a trip to Switzerland.  We always
serve fondue at Christmas.




Would you like to stay for Christmas lunch?




Have a seat at Mom's cozy table.




Or find a comfy spot in her solarium.



A Christmas angel will welcome you ...



And a comfy throw will too.



Don't forget to help yourself to some chocolates in the Christmas candy box.

Thank you for coming with me to visit my Mom.  She loves company!

I am joining ~

and

Bentley ~ I know you just had Birthday presents, but there will be lots
of Christmas presents for you too.  What a lucky dog you are!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


17 comments:

  1. I would love some fondue and a glass of wine! Beautiful decorations. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama's house is beautiful! Love her table and all it's finery!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful setting!
    We'll have cheese fondue between Christmas and New Year - yummy!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so lovely
    Merry Christmas
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping in to wish you and your a very merry Christmas and may you spend it with those that you love!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the home tour. Such lovely displays of your family's treasures. Have a blessed Christmas. PS. You've encouraged me to break out the fondue pot to try with the girls this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your Mom's house is so pretty. Some cheese fondue sounds yummy! I am happy that you are still able to celebrate the traditions you have always known with your Mom.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing Mom's Christmas preparations with us. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I wish you'd shared any history you have about "The Redhead." The 'painting' over the mantel. My grandmother had that painting in one of my mother's sister's rooms. It was given to me, and I gave it to my redhead. I was sooo pleased to see it in your photo!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that mantlepiece display. Really elegant. Wishing you and yours a wonderfully PINK and Happy Christmas from the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't had fondue in years! Sounds good! Your Mom's home looks beautiful. Merry Christmas!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan ~ you just reminded me of my fondue pot. Sounds delish. I must have a fondue over the holidays. What a treat. Your Mom's house is just gorgeous. Thanks for taking us along.
    I hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTmas. Hope Santa is very good to you Bentley ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to visit your Mom's home as well. Beautiful! Happy PS and Merry Christmas!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful place to celebrate! Merry Christmas to you and Bentley. I so enjoy having you for a friend!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic!

    Merry Christmas to you and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow your mom's house is wonderful. I love each and every beautiful vignette. Please share this fabulous post by joining our linky party, What's it Wednesday this week. I hope you can join us. Have a fabulous Christmas!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mom's house is so pretty and welcoming. I'd love to sit down and share some fondue!!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...