Saturday, December 10, 2011

Decorating My Front Porch for Christmas


Although I love Christmas lights on the cottage, I also enjoy making
my front porch look festive for the holidays.  I love coming home, walking 
through the front gate and seeing a cheerful and welcoming display of
jolly, holly, fun.



Remember the movie Miracle on 34th Street when Santa leaves his cane
by the fireplace to let Maureen O'Hara and John Payne know that he did
indeed give Susie her Christmas wish of her very own house?  Well that is
one of my favorite scenes, so I decorated a vintage walking stick in memory
of that scene.  It's my little reminder that wishes do come true.





I always like to hang up Christmas stockings on the porch as well
as on the mantel inside!  Never hurts to be prepared.




A wrapped present on the wicker rocker.  Actually, there is nothing inside,
just an empty box ~ but it still looks festive.



Another little wicker rocker with some Christmas cheer.  There is more to
do.  I want to put a tree on the porch this year.  Oh and David needs to hang
the snowflake lights and I need to add the candles in the windows.  Come back 
to see the results!

I am joining 


While I was decorating the front porch, the postman arrived.  Bentley was
there to greet him.  Bentley loves our postman and is always anxious to
greet him with a big kiss.  It's really funny because Bentley raises a paw and
waves to him and gives him a big grin too when he walks through the gate.
Too cute!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it, Susan! I love that blue color on your siding! My shutters are almost the same color. Hmmmmmm, imagine that!
    xoxo
    Bentley, as the postman when he will be bringing you some treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I especially love your decorated walking stick in reference to Miracle on 34th Street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a welcoming holiday porch you made Susan.
    It looks wonderful and I know anyone who walks up to your door will be smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front porch looks fun & festive! The minute I saw the cane, I thought of Miracle on 34th Street before even reading that that was your intention. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! And Happy Christmas to you. I stopped by via Bev's Pink Saturday party and I love your porch. The inspiration for your cane is wonderful. I'm pretending to stop by and have a cup of hot cider on your cozy porch with you :) I am also going to see if my daughter wants to try making some of those sweet heart pillows with me when we get back home. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet porch. Mircle on 34th street is one of my favorites.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your porch is so pretty, and just as I was about to type my comment the jingly bells rang from your playlist and the song started - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet Christmas vignette! I love the decorated walking stick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic color combinATION!

    Come on by for my necklace giveaway!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your front porch. It's so festive and bright. Love the walking stick ~ great idea! I betcha Bentley is waiting for the mailman to deliver a Christmas card from Santa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your porch decorations....so lovely! Have a wonderful Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch is lovely, festive and welcoming!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful welcome it is to come upon your front porch!
    Very Merry indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue and Bentley! I love your Christmas Porch. What a Merry Welcome your lucky visitors have to greet them! Love your Christmas music too! Brought a smile to my face! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Christmas porch, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your porch! I love the snowman!!!!!!!!! Hugs to you and Bentley. Happy Happy and a Merry Merry to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so neat to see so much thought given to your beautiful porch. Thanks for bringing this post to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...