Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Recycle Wrap-it-Up


I like to recycle for two reasons, well actually three.
First, is the obvious because I am a conservationist.
Secondly, in a small house we make use of every inch of
space, and that includes spots to store wrapping materials.
And finally ~ who can afford to buy new all the time in 
this current economy?

So ~ here is a Christmas wrap from an used brown paper bag.
Some white craft paint.  A few twigs and a pine cone found on
a walk, and left over yarn from a crochet project.



Suddenly I have a sweet little forest scene for pennies from items
I already had.  No trip to the store for wrapping paper.

I am joining

and

Bentley ~ your big day is Wednesday!  Are you excited??

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

9 comments:

  1. I never thought! What a clever & delightful idea.
    Merry Christmas
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! Love it!!! Is that Bentley's new bone?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is so smart and beautiful. I never buy wrapping paper and use all manner of things for my very few gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are talented, Susan. That is a beautiful package. Merry Christmas to you and Bentley! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan ~ what lovely wrapping paper. You are so talented. This gift is just beautiful.
    Please stop by ~ there is a surprise for Mr. Vintage for Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for you! I totally agree on the little bit of space to store things. I can't walk in my bedroom now with all the boxes and gift wrap!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful gift. I love everything about your wrapping. I'm using brown shipping paper from the dollar tree this year on my gifts and embellishing them with ribbon and toadstool tags. I love what you've done with the white paint. So charming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! I like this idea, and it is really so simple - except that I'd never have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...