Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Can't Wait to Show You My Recycled Can Lamp



I love little lamps.  I love to use them in bookcases and nooks to
give a soft glow in a room.   I found a thrift shop shade.  A tiny one with
a white pleated shade.  I pulled out a little lamp ~ one of the ones I use
in the windows at Christmas time.  Sorted through the recycle bin for an
old can and searched for scraps of fabric and ribbon and some vintage
buttons.  Painted the can and the base of the lamp, got out the glue gun ~

Voila ~ a new little lamp.




My hubby will tease me.  He says we should notify the power
company and warn them of a power surge every night before we
go to bed.  It will be just one more light to turn out before we 
turn in.



I don't care though.  I think it's cute and I am going to 
show it off on

and

Bentley ~ do you need a little lamp by your dog bed?


Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

18 comments:

  1. Well, tell your husband I think it is adorable. I agree about the small glow in a perfect spot. I have season lamps on my hoosier cabinet, love walking into the kitchen and night and see if on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, that lamp is adorable! And I love your little chicken timer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute lamp! Such a unique ideal. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh could that be any sweeter, Susan?
    I love how it turned out!
    I do think Bentley needs one too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan ~ what a sweet lamp. I love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love your creation.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little lamp!! Thank You for sharing and have a wonderful rest of the week!

    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little lamp! I have a little red lamp too, that I like to turn on at night. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just darling, love the gingham fabric and buttons. I want one:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning, SUsan and Bentley! We love your little lamp. I love little lamps, too, especially in book shelves and in dark corners on a kitchen counter. So cute!

    (((hugs))),
    Ricki Jill and Bonnie Blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Great idea and I love the warm glow of a little light in a darkened room. Bentley, you really do need on with a doggie pattern on it!
    xoxo
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the warm and cozy feeling of having all kinds of little lamps on at night! I love your gingham lamp, and as my daughter always says, buttons make everything cute!
    Happy REDnesday,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable-I love the little lamp. I wish Bentley could meet Max!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute as a button! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. You ar3e a smart one. I would never have thought of doing this. Great idea and super job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just darling...and, oh, how I love your choice of red checks and trim...a favorite of mine! You are clever and resourceful, my friend!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn...Chenille Cottage (my new blog)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Susan...

    Your new lamp is simply adorable, my friend! What a creative and talented lady you are! I love the red and white gingham..and that darling lamp shade! Your new lamp looks right at home with the cute chickens! Thanks for sharing your new pretty with us!

    Warmest spirng wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...