Monday, July 28, 2014

My Hand Painted Tiny Table






Years ago I found a little round table at a thrift shop.  It was stained a dark
brown and was not very appealing in that color, but it had such pretty 
lines that I could not pass it up.  I decided to paint it a soft blue and added
some hand painted flowers and flourishes to compliment the lines.





I painted tiny little rose buds around the edges and added the flourishes with
gold craft paint.

I kept it for a while in my cottage and then gave it to my Mom for her
guest room back in Idaho after we decided to go with a blue theme there.
Now it is back again with me once more.





I love these pretty little turned legs.  It's such a feminine piece and
I think it's shape has such a cottage feel to it.  I am not exactly sure 
how I will use it yet, but use it I will because I think it's cute and it
holds lots of fond memories for me.


We had a heat advisory yesterday and I expect we will  have
one today too.  Bentley will be going out only very briefly today.
Too hot for the pup!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

19 comments:

  1. Oh Susan,

    You've made that darling table even more precious with that shade of blue! How perfect for any spot. (I'd place it beside a reading chair.)

    Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

    Have a Beautiful Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is soo cute . Great job ! I do like your decor soo pretty . Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on that sweet little table. It would be cute anywhere!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I fell in love with it when I first saw it.

      Delete
  4. That is very pretty. It looks good in the room too,

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty and delicate and I love your hand painted flowers... Heat advisory ? I wish you could have a cool down like we are having today...( western PA ) as it is almost too cook / chilly!
    Unheard of for July in these parts, where it is usually unbearably humid at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been brutally hot here and high humidity too. It's hard to do anything outside right now.

      Delete
  6. Color, color, color! Someone uses color! I love the little blue table and you did a great job on the little roses. What also caught my eye was the green wood stove in the background. Is that one of those electric ones? Did you paint it? I have an electric one in my garden shed and would to paint it if you can. . . .inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and your compliments. Yes it is an electric stove and yes I did paint it. You can safely do this as long as you keep the paint off the heating unit. Go ahead and paint it any color you want!

      Delete
  7. It's so pretty ! Love the tiny painted flowers )
    I have a similar one that is being used for my husband to charge his cell phone on - I think a plant would be beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a sweet little table and you have improved it out of sight.
    merle..............

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect chair side table, and the blue is perfect for Blue Monday. Such a special job of painting, too. Nice to share special pieces like this darling table. I know you will enjoy it where ever you place it.
    Happy Blue Monday!
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pretty Blue table for the Blue Monday :)
    Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  11. This little table is adorable. Love the design. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...