Monday, April 25, 2016

A Big Announcement


I was working in my studio the other day and playing around with some
ideas, when I got the urge to create something new and different.  



If you are a regular visitor to my blog, then you know that I have been 
working on a dollhouse miniature nursery for the past couple of
months.  I am having so much fun putting it together and it dawned on
me that miniatures have become a really big passion for me.  I love
curating mini rooms and have started to make some of my own minis
too.  

Years ago, not long after I started this blog, I created a dollhouse
blog.  I was too busy at the time to keep it up, so it just
disappeared.  Now that I am so immersed in miniatures, I decided
it was time to revisit a blog devoted specifically to minis.
While I will be maintaining this blog ~ Ash Tree Cottage, on a
regular basis, my new blog will give me a chance to share ideas
and tips for dollhouse lovers, without boring my readers who
are not interested in minis.  So ….


Coming soon will be the new Ash Tree Cottage Dollhouse Minis
blog.  I will be showcasing others who love minis, providing
resources, and sharing tutorials on this new site.  




Last fall, when my blog was featured in The Dolls' House Magazine,
I realized that my mini curated rooms were catching the eye of 
other mini lovers and their feature encouraged me move forward.
I was so excited that I framed the feature article and it is sitting
next to my desk.

Oh and by the way ~ I just purchased the Country Living Cottage
Style book you see above.  I had to laugh when I looked at the 
cover more closely and realized that the background is very, very
much like my fabric that I inserted in the door of my chest ….



See what I mean?

For you non mini lovers, Ash Tree Cottage will continue 
to bring you my cottage style, gardening, potting shed updates
and recipes as usual.  The minis will have their own home.
As soon as the site has been completed, I will give y'all the
link.  Until then, I am joining:


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




13 comments:

  1. Yay! Brilliant! Can't wait - will be awesome, Susan. Best wishes and congrats on your epiphany! From those who love dollhouses, we salute you! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need a dollhouse...I never really thought about it until recently when I realized how much fun the miniature gardens are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exciting for me. I have joined a couple on facebook mini groups. I have participated in several swaps. It's a great way to gather minis. I love that you are starting another blog for dollhouse minis.

      Delete
  3. I don't have a doll house, but I always enjoy looking at what others do. Great idea to fire up the second blog again. I'll be eager to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Every time I see or read about dollhouses, I think of the one I bought years ago and haven't made hardly any progress on it. I got the shingles on and the electric in but then everything came to a screeching halt. I've been torn where to go now, ceiling lights and outlets, and how to get the lights in and so much more uncertainty. Maybe I should take it up to our cottage this summer and work on it. I'm visiting from A Stroll Thru Life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am so excited!! You will do such an awesome job on this. I think there are so many people who love dollhouses and miniatures that this blog will be a tremendous hit.

    Congratulations!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, I know this will be a big hit. I am looking forward to seeing your new blog.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when you post pictures of your dollhouse. I think your new blog will be great. I have been hacked on facebook and had to delete my account. I now have a new facebook account and will be sending you a friend request, it will be from MaryJane K-Hutchins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! Love minis and dollhouses and can't wait for your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see it up and running. I enjoy your mini's.

    Carol Smith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Now, this week, in the process of repainting a small dollhouse. I can't wait. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited to see that you will be doing a dollhouse blog. I can't wait. So many of the dollhouse Pins that I find lead to blogs that are no longer being kept up, so it will be wonderful to have a new blog friend. Right now I, too, am working on a nursery with a Peter Rabbit theme in an old house that I purchased from a junk store. It is a renovation/remodel job, which has been quite challenging. I am recording my progress on my dollhouse blog, annsdollhousedreams.blogspot.com. I'd love for you to visit. I don't post regularly, but I am trying to update more often, hoping to generate more interest in the blog. I have a second blog, annsgardenspot.blogspot where I post weekly and have a stronger following. I now look forward to making a new dollhouse friend. I will be excited to see your new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...