Monday, April 4, 2016

Lunch, Longhorns and Marburger Farm


Hi y'all!  Here we are at the Garden Market Company and Cafe in 
Schulenberg, Texas.  This is on our way from Victoria to Round Top
and we left the house just in time to stop for lunch and shop just a
little bit before we head up to Marburger Farm.  

The shop has beautiful plants and accessories for the home too.





I bought this pair of bookends for David's office.  He loves Bulldogs!




Here we are inside the cafe.  If you are anywhere in the vicinity and
want to go to a charming spot for lunch or dinner, this is the spot!
The food is delicious too.




They are also building one up in Round Top.  If you want to read more about
them and see a menu go here.



As we were leaving, 25 Porsches came rolling through.  David was happy to
see this as he has been looking very closely at this car and we may just be
driving one up for the next show.  Of course, we won't be able to bring
home much, but maybe that is part of David's plan ;-)



Okay ~ we are on the road again.  The entire drive up to Round Top is
so scenic and there are plenty of Longhorn photo ops.



What can I say, I love them!




Here we are at last.  We are on a serious mission.  Last spring I 
saw a globe bar that I thought would be perfect for David's office.
He didn't want to come up and look at it and I did not want to
buy it without him seeing it (he is very picky) so we went 
home without.



This year we found one.  Hooray.  I am not going to show you 
pics until he gets it all set up in his office.   His office is what I would
describe as "Preppy Man Cave", or  "Ralph Lauren Meets the 
Oil Field".




Now that our mission has been completed, I am free to roam around and
shop on my own.




I adore this little firebox and mantel.  So precious.  I can 
envision it in my potting shed, but turned it down because
it's way to pricey to put in a shed :-(









Y'all won't believe this, but I didn't buy a thing!   I did however buy
two things last week, so I am fine with it.  

For those of you who have never been to Round Top, I will tell you
that it is our mecca.  Wonderful fine antiques, rusty old junk, great
displays, and charm galore.  The crowds are huge, and the traffic
the slowest you've ever seen.  But I tell you what, I wouldn't miss
it for anything!  Hope you enjoyed this little trip with me.


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



15 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, what a wonderful trip. Love the restaurant and the cattle with those long horns. Round Top really looks terrific. So much to see WOW. So glad that you found the bar for your hubby and looking forward to the post. I also like the book ends - very cute.

    You and Bentley have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Round Top is terrific and seems to be getting bigger and better each year!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure I could spend an entire week pottering about the restaurant and amongst those antiques, so much to choose from .
    I've always loved those longhorns, beautiful cattle.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have such a variety of cattle in our state. Where we live there are ranches everywhere and I love looking at all the type of cattle. Spring is such a wonderful time with all the calves too!

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks like so much fun! Love the bookends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,

    Such a cute place where you two had lunch! I LOVE your pictures of the longhorns; I've never been to Texas, but would sure love to visit. My husband went with his family when he was growing up. Round Top certainly looks like a great place to shop for vintage treasures.

    Thank you for your visit and kind comments on my mom's Easter tablescape a few weeks ago. I'm behind with my blog visits and trying to get caught up. I enjoyed your post, Susan, and hope you have a great week!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Denise, if you ever get out our way, let me know and you can stay at my house!

      Delete
  5. I think that a trip to Round Top would be a dream come true. We just don't have anything at all like that - not even remotely like it. I think you displayed amazing self control by not buying anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaaaasp! If that first picture were any more beautiful I think my head would explode.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I didn't go to this since I would of spent way TOO much money! So many gorgeous treasures and I love that cute mantel/firebox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Cathy! I think I should start saving now for the fall show!!

      Delete
  8. Susan, like you, I love the drive to Round Top. Spring in Texas is a beautiful time of year with the wildflowers in bloom, and I love to see the cattle roaming the pasture lands. I smile at the sight of several of your photos because I took some of the exact same vignettes. I find that touching that our eyes were drawn to some of the exact same things because you and I know how much there is to see at Marburger. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Longhorns are so beautiful out in the pasture! I'm glad you got to be there on a pretty day. Can't wait to see your globe bar. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...