Monday, September 26, 2016

My Annual Fall Cold


For as long as I can remember,  I have managed to catch a cold sometime
during the last week of September.  I don't know why.  It isn't the cold 
and or flu season, but for me it seems to be.  It's as though the calendar 
dictates my health.  The weather has not changed here.  It's still hot and
humid, but here I am feeling achy and tired and wanting to stay in bed.



I had the the tell tale signs of this cold yesterday.  It started with a 
back ache.  Nothing severe, just annoying.



Then this morning the back ache went away and the headache and 
scratchy throat started.  This is very disappointing.  There are lots of
other things I want to be doing other than being curled up with a 
quilt and a cup of tea.  

I wonder if I went down to Australia at this time of the year if I 
would still get sick?  It's spring there.  Maybe I could trick my 
internal calendar ;-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. My allergies always act up this time of year..sneezes and coughs! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my my two brandson's caught a cold week before.. I was sure I was gling to bet it. Felt as if I was then my body didn't thank the goodness.. I have had enough given colds from the boys past winter.. I was hoping I would stay good till winter at least.. Maybe you should try Australia if posiible just to see. That would be great if if changed the pattern.. I do hope you feel better real soon. Happy Monday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure it isn't allergies due to the time of the year? Mine have been worse this year than ever due to the pollen count being sky high. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one now and it is annoying the c#$p out of me. I just feel achy and sore and have no energy. Every time I think this can't be a cold, I start sneezing. I am trying hard to talk it easy and let it work its way through my body. Just remember to drink a lot of fluids and NEVER use anything menthol because my doctor said that just makes more mucus. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you are under the weather! I had my late Summer cold about a month ago now. I felt miserable and drinking coffee or tea was just a chore. If I remember correctly, it lasted for about two full weeks. Hopefully you will be up and about soon. HAPPY AUTUMN!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...