Thursday, September 15, 2016

When the Guernsey Met the Spoon Rest


You are probably thinking to yourself ~ what on earth does this
blog post title mean???




Well, it all started out like this ....  years ago, my Mom gave me this little
spoon rest and said to me, whenever you use this, think of me.

Mom died a couple of years ago, as you know, so this little spoon rest
is especially important to me.  Somehow it seemed a bit lonely in the
kitchen since it really didn't match anything, so I decided to find a 
friend for my spoon rest.   



So, I started hunting around and in my hunt, I went to visit 
Nancy's Daily Dish and then followed the link to her transferware
shop.  It was there that I found this Guernsey butter dish.  There were
some other butter tubs that I considered, but I fell in love with this
cute little Guernsey and knew she had to come live with us.



I think they look just perfect together.  Don't you?

PS:  Nancy is just a doll and she wrapped this butter dish up so
securely and mailed it so quickly.  She is a pleasure to work with
and she has so many pretty things in her shop!  Oh, and I 
decided to name the cow "Maisie".  I think it is the perfect
name for her.  I hope she is content in her new home.


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



7 comments:

  1. What a match in color! Love both pieces-the cow is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- They are just a perfect match...I love the bit of whimsy it brings to your table, too. Those little things are special, aren't they, after you lose a loved one? I am passing things along to my girls that belonged to their grandmothers so that they will have those memories someday. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were meant to be together, your mom would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! The spoon rest is so charming ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post, Susan! Glad you found a mate for your spoon rest. And they do look perfect together. I love that honey/amber finish. Thanks for the very sweet mention.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...