Thursday, January 5, 2017

Faded Photographs


Going through old photographs brings back to life those I have lost.
It doesn't make me sad, rather it reminds me of happy moments and
gives me a sense of connection.  



I like to collect vintage photo albums too, when I can find them.  This one,
although very vintage, was just like new when I found it.  I imagine that the
previous owner had it stored away in a closet and meant to use it, but never did.
It's a sweet leather album with a floral motif and edged in woven leather lacing.
The pages inside are black paper and I was able to find some of those 
old fashioned photo corners.  I really should digitize these photos to
preserve them and it's a project I hope to complete this year.



While on the subject of nostalgia, I still love my Charles Faudree
decorating books.  I don't think I will ever tire of his French Country
designs.  


I spent the morning raking up debris out of garden beds.  It's a never
ending job, but I do enjoy it.  I never feel guilty sitting back and enjoying
a cup of tea or coffee after I have put in a good morning's work ;-)

Tonight the temps are supposed to take a dive again.  I am actually
looking forward to it and am planning a big raging fire in the
fireplace.  That's a treat for us in South Texas.


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




13 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! I love going through all snaps too. Your photo is so pretty. Here's to another year of blogging with you. You know, you'll have me singing that old song all evening! "Traces"
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to another year of blogging! Do you ever wonder how we keep coming up with blog ideas??? Somehow we do!

      Delete
  2. Its been bitter cold here so no garden work going on. Our snow is gone and I'm longing for more. What a cozy setting in the pictures. I just made a cosy corner in my dressing room. I never took photos before blogging? But with blogging I love looking back in time. Old photos make me wonder about the lives of the people and what it must of been for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went through an album of photos of my grandparents at their little beach cottage that they went to every summer. They were so full of fun and silliness. They were so close to their siblings too. My grandfather had four brothers and my grandmother had a sister and four brothers. All of them got together over the summer every year. So nice to see.

      Delete
  3. I love old photos and thinking about my family and the lucky life I've led so far. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wood burning stove! Does it heat your whole house? Can you tell us more about it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, what a beautiful vintage photo album...I can get lost in old photos for hours. Stay warm! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and me, both! I love Charles Faudree, too...long before most people even knew who he was. I never tire of his books either. I have lots of great old photo albums, too, that me to another time and another place. Blessings to you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Charles Faudree too. If I need a pick-me-up, I just Google his name and look through pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always fun to go through photo albums, especially when it is so cold. Snowed at this end of Texas yesterday just cold today.
    Blessing to you in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that vintage album is truly a marvelous find. I too adore my Charles Faudree books and never tire of looking at them. Stay snug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I didn't want my message to get lost but I have been hunting and hunting (and hunting) for the pink bear nail brush. My sister and I had one growing up and I want one so badly for my one daughter. I saw that you had it and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if you would be interested in selling it 💜
    Super random, I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your picture looks so cozy with the throw on your sofa and the tea set on the ottoman and the fire going.
    This weekend in our ice storm I may be doing the same thing drinking hot tea and reading a good book.
    Glad your up and feeling better.
    i agree with you on the Charles Faundree decorating book

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...