Monday, March 5, 2018

Hopping By To Chat From The Heart


We just returned from a long weekend in Houston.  It was an
eventful couple of days, but I am very happy to be back home.

Have you ever had the feeling that your guardian angel is
tugging your sleeve?  Little signs that you chose to ignore are
suddenly catching up to you and demanding your attention?

For a long period of time I have struggled with a particular
relationship.  I gave in and tried to forget the past to
protect the heart of someone I love.  This was not an easy
thing for me to do, and I wrestled with the past to move on to
the future.  When we lived in Idaho, I never believed that
I would have to confront that tumultuous past again, but 
when we returned to Texas, I realized that there was not
much I could do to avoid it. 

So here I am, in the midst of it once again.  It's not my
battle, but I seem to be collateral damage.  I realize that
what I am saying is terribly vague, and I am not giving you
any details you can cling to for understanding of this
situation.  I apologize for that, but do so because while
the details of this predicament are explosive, I won't exploit
them to protect those who are innocent. 

What I can tell you is this ~ there are two types of people
who respond to drama, those who create it, and those who
feed on it.  I don't want to be in either group.  When a
situation becomes uncomfortable, and my guardian angel
starts tugging on my sleeve, I pay attention.  I put on God's
armor and I retreat to the safety of His love.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley 







7 comments:

  1. I appreciate your thoughtful post, Susan. It IS a dilemma, isn't it? I think those angels are there for a reason, to protect us or to remind us to protect ourselves. My hopes are you will be in strength and love and wrapped in an invisible cloak of protection and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your watchful angel is there for you. Life can really throw us some tough situations. Sounds like you are in turmoil but please know we do not need details to say a prayer for you and to wish you better days ahead.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. They say in AA that, "People are being who they are, doing what they do." You didn't cause it, you can't control it, you can't cure it. All you can do is let go and trust God by praying every blessing you can think of on that person, no matter how you feel. "Bless those that curse you." That's the only way to get free and stay free. Your caring efforts to protect someone you love are sadly too flimsy in the end to help much, no matter how much you want to help. Happily, God is your and your husband's protector. Things may hurt, be he won't let them take you down. We are so fortunate that God loves us so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad you are in this situation. Thank you for being brave enough to post about it. You will be in my prayers but I know you are strong enough to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that you have to deal with all of that drama, Susan. It seems there is someone like that in everyone's life. Saying a little prayer for you, Susan. Some things are just hard to turn over and let go....xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. To say I’m sorry doesn’t begin to describe my feelings. You go through your life just trying to mind your own business and be a good person, and then WHAM...out of the blue...crazy crap!!! Drama. As the meme goes, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...