Friday, March 9, 2018

Thoughts About Springing Forward and Other Things


Good morning and happy Friday from my studio.  Actually, it's going
on noon already, but time does fly by when I am busy.  Bentley and
I have been in the studio for several hours this morning.  I have been
busy curating my English cozy cottage kitchen for the new dollhouse
I am working on.   I have found some wonderful things for this new
project and will be so excited to share with you when I am farther
along.  However, this morning I would like to chat with you and 
share my thoughts about daylight savings time.



I love the longer light filled evenings of the spring and summer.  My
problem with springing forward is that I don't seem to adapt very 
quickly to the change.  Every time we switch, I try my best to stay
positive and go with the flow, but I end up dragging my heels a bit.
Jumping an hour forward is the hardest for me.  My internal clock is
shouting life goes by fast enough as it is, why force to me to lose an
hour???

Of course I realize that I will get that hour back in the Fall, but 
that is months away, and I want it now.  I might need it for sleep
or something, and I do value my sleep.

Which brings me to another topic ....  thankfully I have been 
sleeping much better lately.  I attribute this happy gift to the fact
that I have been very diligent about working out and also
walking at least 10,000 steps each day.  I have been doing
aerobics, pilates, and Ballet Beautiful ~ which is a killer
by the way, but gives great results.  I have also been avoiding
sugar and have been focusing on a healthy diet.  I started this 
program in January, and the results are really kicking in now.



I think I probably told y'all this, but I have been plagued 
 with painful Fibromyalgia.  I was diagnosed with Chronic
Fatigue Syndrome some years ago and suffer from flare ups when I
am under too much stress.  When I have flare ups, my joints hurt
here, there and everywhere.  It's as though the pain travels all over
my body yet doesn't stay in one place for too long.  It is exhausting
and in the past I was inclined to just want to curl up and nap all
day.  

This cycle of pain really increased following Hurricane Harvey.
I tried to ignore it at first, but eventually I knew I had to learn to
control it.  Now, after two months of this new regime, I am pain
free and more relaxed too.  The other bonus is improved sleep.
I wear a FitBit on my wrist and it tracks my sleep at night.  
I used to suffer through multiple periods of restlessness during the
night.  Now, I close my eyes, fall asleep and have no restlessness
at all.  Amazing!!!



If y'all want me to go into more detail about this new exercise and diet
program, let me know.  I am hoping that I will just breeze through the
loss of an hour during the wee hours of Sunday.  I feel so good right
now that I think it will be a snap.



I have probably rambled on long enough and should get back to work.
I have the dollhouse project, as well as some others.  Oh, and I am
putting some pork ribs in the oven to slow bake.  I will be sharing that 
recipe with you too.  Let's not forget the pics of azaleas starting to 
bloom in my yard and all over town.

Have a great weekend!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





11 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear how well you are doing. I'm ready to get back to some exercise now that I'm almost healed from surgery. I know I will have to ease into it but the longer days and warmer temps will help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walk as soon as your doctor says it's okay. Start with short walks and gradually increase your steps. You will start feeling so much better. I have noticed that the increased circulation from exercise also helps to ward off colds and the flu.

      Delete
  2. What a charming wreath! And I love your vignette with Beatrix P and the buttons. Very much spring.

    I'm glad you are feeling better. Must be something to all those steps! This is good news indeed. I love springing forward. The first couple days are rough but then we have all that wonderful light to extend the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I will be sad to loose an hour of sleep, I know I will enjoy the longer days!

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE to hear more about your diet/exercise program, Susan. Whatever you want to share and I bet that lots of gals would be interested, too. I suffer from flares of an auto-immune disease, too, and know that diet (sugar, etc) plays a part in it --but so does stress (which seems to be never ending sometimes).

    I LOVE that wreath, Susan. I think it is one of the prettiest spring wreaths I have seen! LOVE it!!!! Have a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words about my wreath. I had fun putting it together. I will be happy to discuss my diet and exercise program. It's easy and the longer I stick with it, the better I feel.

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet wreath. I am starting back on my walking program today. I can't do much more than that because of my knee replacements, but I do need to get moving again. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know more about your diet and exercise for fibromyalgia. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am adoring all your beautiful viginettes in this post! So lovely and they just all shout "Spring"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...