Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cheerful Red Touches in the Kitchen


It's Rednesday again over at Sue's "It's a Cherry World". Time to show off our reds! I love red and use touches of it in my cottage. I especially like red in my kitchen because it is the punch of color I need to get going in the morning.


The red tole tray is a favorite of mine. I found it at a little antique shop several years ago. The red china apple was a party favor from a Christmas party. The red check bowl is part of a set of three cute bowls I purchased at WalMart a couple of years ago. The tea canister is pure kitsch! My Mom told me that they used to sell canister sets like this in dime stores. The red vintage recipe box once belonged to my Mom, and I purchased the other. The salt and pepper shakers are just fun.

Thanks for visiting me and be sure to visit Sue and the other party participants!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

16 comments:

  1. Touches of red...yes that's it...love touches of red. Your's are terrific! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic!! I love a touch of red!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spy vintage recipe boxes! Love them and posted a couple for today as well ;) Happy Reds~and hello to Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your reds Susan! That tray is just gorgeous, like something I would definitely buy too! And I've been drooling over canister sets like your tea one on Ebay. Love all of your touches of red!
    Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my mom having the same canister. Not sure that's a good thing...showing my age! Lovely vignettes.
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that tea canister! Thanks for the nice comment. I am hosting a Favorite Things Friday party starting March 19th so come join in if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,
    I love all of your reds!! especially the sweet little red tray. What a wonderful find.
    Happy Rednesday
    :)Mimi~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope to see more of the cottage where you and Bentley live! I, too, am a writer, and so from one to another, good luck with getting your book in print!

    Scribbler
    http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red, my favorite color in any room. Love your tray. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all, but the vintage S&P....too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used red to brighten up my kitchen! Just a little can make all the difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it amazing how a little bit of a color can change everything - even your mood! You have some very nice pieces there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan,
    I found you through Becky's blog and I'm so happy I did!. Your blog is delightful and I have enjoyed reading many of your postings.
    I love red too and have it in every room of my home.
    I have been wanting to pick up a copy of Tea Mysteries, a dear friend had told me about the book a few weeks ago,now after reading your post about the book,I really need to get to the book store.
    I have become a follower. It has been a pleasure meeting you and Bentley (he's a cute little guy)
    Take care,
    Elizabeth~Home is Where the Heart is~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great reds! The recipe box is so cute. I love that it belonged to your mom. I have my mom's recipe box from her home ec class in the 1950s. The tole tray is really adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your vintage Reds! Adore the Tea Cannister!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...