Monday, September 20, 2010

On Top of My Little Desk


We have three desks in our cottage. One is a large trestle style desk that belongs to my husband. I have two desks. One in our office where I can be creative, and one that I call my little business center. Inside the drop down desk is where I store all of the household accounts. On top of the desk is my sweet vintage chalk dog and a vintage chalk scottie bookend.



This dear little bookend is holding up a few favorite books ~ Walden by Thoreau, A Tear and a Smile by Khalil Gibran, a book of French grammer, and a book of dog cartoons. Bookkeeping can be tedious and it's not my idea of fun, so these cheerful little touches keep me smiling!



Well, it's getting late. Time to turn out the light and call it a day. Before I do, I plan to head over to Marty's for a quick peek at some of the other participants for tomorrow's Table Top Tuesday. Sweet dreams everyone!

Sweet dreams to you too Bentley!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

11 comments:

  1. Sitting here perusing blogs before going to bed and returning to Idaho tomorrow, honey. Plus we just chased a bat out of granddaughter's house! Whew!!! Can't wait to get home tomorrow. How ever did you get the beautiful green cast to your photos. They are just beautiful!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little puppy would make me smile too. Such a sweet setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little dogs, not as cute as Bentley though;@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute vignette, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little black and white sketch artwork on the right of the 2 pups! That is just the sweetest thing and looks perfect in that spot. Lovely vignette Susan.....hugs to Bentley!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chalkware and love the cute doggie.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your touches that make work more bearable. I, too, find both those books meaningful.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet...gotta love little dogs :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do the bookkeeping around here. But if I did I'd have to make it pretty like yours is!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such a lovely vignette. I love the colors and how you've made a workspace to cheery and pretty. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dog accessories on the desk. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...