Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vintage Lamp Love


I have an on going love affair with vintage lamps. While we have many of them in our little cottage, whenever I find one while I am out at a garage sale, a thrift store or an antique shop, it's hard for me to pass it up. To me, they look so sweet. They represent another era when life was a bit more simple and easy.



Of course my husband likes to tease me that we should notify the power company of a power surge when we turn off all of the lamps in the cottage for the night. So ... to celebrate this 1 year anniversary of Show and Tell Friday, here I am to light the way. Happy Anniversary Cindy!!

Do you want to help your Mum turn off some lights before we go to bed??

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo




12 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is my favorite flower pattern. I have a smaller, similar lamp, and it's one of my favorite things in the house.I'm jealous of yours.~wink wink~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pretty lamp Susan!
    It has that cottage, romantic feel to it.
    Thanks for the visit too and I hope you have a great weekend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan, you're preaching to the choir here ~ I'm a lampaholic from waaay back. When we sold our last home, the realtor laughed and teased me because it took me 20 mins. just to turn all my accent lighting on before a client showed up!

    Love that sweet lamp you featured!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, that is a beautiful find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a real pretty lamp...I remember those do not see many around:) You have a keeper there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just lovely, Susan. The old lamps are the best!
    Arf, Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple of small bedside lamps that belonged to my aunt and I keep them in a box to protect them. They are quite old as my aunt got them when she married in 1952 and I think they were from an antique store then. One day I will do a post on them for you to see.
    I love that little floral number you ave there!
    Take care and hugs to sweetie pie Bentley!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all lamps! I have more lamps than I'll ever, ever need, sugar.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love vintage lamps as well. The one in your photo is so pretty!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! I have two lamps with that same floral pattern. I love yours as much as I love my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that vintage lamp. Very pretty.

    xo
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...