Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why Is She Showing Us This?



Good Question!
Why am I showing you this and what is it that I am showing you?

A pair of bookends found at a thrift shop several years ago.  I imagine that
it was probably a project for a shop class at school.  Two blocks of wood
turned into bookends, stained and shellacked.  Perhaps the mom had 
some decals which were added to make the bookends more decorative.

No matter ~ I fell in love with them and spent a whole quarter buying them.

This still does not answer the question why I am showing them to you.

Well...

I share a home office with my husband David.  I want my own little corner that
is just mine.  You know what I mean ~ a little spot that reflects my own
personality.  A little spot where I can day dream and let the creativity flow.
So, the bookends are the start of refinishing my own little spot.  I am 
refinishing them and adding them to other little things that I have lovingly
collected.  You will have to be patient as I start pulling it all together,
but ...
I promise you that over the next few days I will reveal more of it's elements
until the big reveal happens.

Until Tuesday, I will share the beginning of this journey with



Bentley ~ when I am finished I'll let you pull the curtain on the big reveal!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

14 comments:

  1. Those bookends certainly speak to my heart and I completely understand getting them. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Looks like a cute start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new header! Thanks for sharing Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bookends are charming and such a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody should have their own little corner of the world. Sometimes it's a room and sometimes it is just a corner! Makes no difference. When you finish it will be all yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything with a vintage decal! Love your bookends. I'm Susan(but I go by Sue) and my husband is David!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,I am very much looking forward to seeing your space. xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet bookends and a good bargain. Can't wait to see your spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to the big reveal. I bet it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see! Bentley, can't you give us just a little hint???

    ReplyDelete
  10. well you certainly got a bargain when you discovered these bookends, looking forward to seeing your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bentley, I can't wait for you to pull the curtain on the reveal, Sweetie! I think the bookends are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to the big reveal. The bookends are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan ~ love the bookends and I can hardly wait until Bentley pulls that curtain. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
    FASTWAY FLAK SHIELD HAND GUARDS (WHITE/GLORY SCALLOP)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...