Monday, December 10, 2012

My Cookie Baking Christmas Tree


This basket on the vintage scale on the tea cart in my kitchen
is usually filled with red apples.  But everyone needs a little 
Christmas in the kitchen ~ me especially!  I spend so much time
in my kitchen that I want it to have some Christmas spirit there too.  



So I popped in a little Christmas tree and decorated it with 
gingerbread men, cookie cutters and holiday spatulas.  
It's been tweaked alright.



Did I ever show you this little vintage flour sifter?  It holds two cups of
flour max.  At least that's what the measure reads, but honestly, it
looks more like one cup to me.  Whatever, it's cute and I love it and
I just want to be able to look at it because it makes me smile!



I have so much to do these days that I feel like I will need
a spa day very soon.  I just spent four full  hours shopping with my
mom yesterday and she wore me out!  She was armed with a 
stack full of coupons and away we went.  



After power shopping through three stores, we hit the market.
I was not sure I would be able to load everything into the back of
the Mini Cooper, but let me tell you, that Mini is mighty and 
everything arrived home safe and sound.  By the way, the Mini is
named Beatrix, after Beatrix Potter of course!

Here it is Monday afternoon.  Before I go back to work, I am 
brewing a cup of tea, putting up my feet for a bit and joining ~

and then


Bentley ~ I think you should do your own Christmas post.
Don't you think so?  Let's work on that!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


19 comments:

  1. Love your little gingerbread tree!! So cute in your decorated kitchen. Mine still has hot glue guns, glitter, fake snow, etc. all over.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cookie tree . Your kitchen looks and sounds lovely . It's pretty bad when our moms or mom in laws can run us off our feet shopping and we are then ones that are knackered lol ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I wish I could come over and have some cookies and coffee! Instead, I am watching All In The Family and eating my Smart Ones Ziti and a glass of wine. Not too bad, I guess. Tennis girls are coming tomorrow for Christmas, so I have been working on that all day. Bentley, eat a cookie for Aunt Robin!
    xoxo
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little tree in the basket with all the gingerbread men is adorable and is anything cuter than gingerbread men?! Hope you're getting rested from power shopping with your mom, wow what a woman! Haha, hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little tree with gingerbread men. I have my kitchen with Christmas decoration all about gingerbread, I loved so cute!
    :)
    Blessing
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen tree is so cute! I love the gingy decorations. I totally empathize with you taking your Mom shopping. Exhausting. Hope your holiday preparation is going well. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen tree is wonderful and perfect that it makes you smile. I have one this year too and you reminded me that I haven't posted it yet!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delight your cozy kitchen is. I can just smell the gingerbread and other sweet treats. I love all the red touches. Your little tree is adorable and scrumptious looking, too!
    Thanks for letting me spend a few minutes in your warm and welcoming home, Susan and Bentley!Blessings and Merry Christmas,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah this is so cute! Gotta have some decor in the kitchen too. :) Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute ! Love the little gingerbread ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitchen display is perfect. Love the cookie theme. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all so sweet. I am loving that combination of STUFF! You made me laugh at the thought of a mini cooper named Beatrix...
    we name our vehicles too.
    :)
    Happy Christmas!
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree that the kitchen needs some Christmas too! Love your little tree with spots of red, the red handled cookie cutter and flour sifter - very nice vintage pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that cute little tree and especially your vintage flour sifter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Christmas cookie tree and that little four sifter, well, be still my heart ~ how sweet is that~
    I agree~ Bentley should have his own Christmas Post ~ love that idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...