Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas on My Nightstand


I added a bit of Christmas cheer to my night stand by tweaking two framed
pictures just a bit and adding a plaid ribbon to one.

The frame on the left usually holds just a piece of floral fabric that I love.
I just popped out the cardboard backing the fabric and covered the
whole thing with plaid wrapping paper.  Then I used poster tape
to top the plaid with a Mary Engelbreit  print that I saved from one
of her magazines years ago.  All of it can be easily removed after
Christmas.



I added a tartan bow to the vintage Scottie print.  



A little Christmas tree to the left of the Santa picture, a resin Scottie with a
plaid leash, a Santa ornament and the vignette is finished.




Nice to have a mystery to read on the night stand too.  Easy changes
with things I already had and a real penny pinching display.



Today is the final day of the Christmas in Texas blog hop.
It's been such a fun week visiting all these talented and
friendly Texas bloggers.  I have been so proud to be a 
part of this group!  Here's a list of who we can visit today:


I can't wait to see what these gals have for us!
Have a wonderful Friday.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



12 comments:

  1. I tried three times to comment on your home tour...I guess they all went to never-never land :^(
    Hopefully this will stick...I am loving all of your Christmas décor...your den was absolutely lovely! Thank you so much for sharing all of your beautiful work!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that from others too. I made a little correction and hopefully that problem is now resolved. Thank you for sticking with me.

      Delete
  2. You even decorate your nightstand?? LOL Love all of your attention to details. Gorgeous!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is one on my top 10 list. Love everything you post and each day, I wait to read more. Thanks for all the time you spend on your blog. I (and for sure many others) appreciate all the time it must take to do this, at such a very busy time of the year, Merry Christmas from Wisconsin, to you and Bentley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. I greatly appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Sweet vignette, Susan. The tartan touches are the perfect details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very pretty and festive! How is that book youre reading?

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...