Monday, July 31, 2017

A Dollhouse Miniature Metamorphosis


About a week ago, I was contacted by the editor of a dollhouse
magazine asking me for some fall miniatures photos.  I have worked
with this editor before,  and she gave me a big spread in her
magazine a while back, so I am only too happy to fulfill her request.
Magazines are always planning ahead of schedule, so although it
is only the last day of July, fall will be arriving very quickly.

I decided to do something a bit different this time.  I have purchased an
unfinished miniature hutch, table and chairs.  These will be my official
holiday pieces that I can change for the season or for whatever holiday
or special event that comes up.  



The table and chairs are on their way, and I finished painting the hutch 
and could hardly wait to decorate it before the other pieces arrive and
I start the fall transformation.  At this moment, it is all decorated
in my usual pink and green theme and it's filled with baking goodies.



I can't show you any of the fall items I already have for this piece, but
my oh my they are cute!  It will be so much fun to have a dedicated table
that is just for holidays and different tablescapes.  I have so many
different patterns of china in my own house, and really don't have room
for more.  Miniatures are so tiny that I can fit lots more in!  I can envision
this little hutch filled with blue and white transferware too.  This is really
going to be fun!




That's what is happening around here.  Bentley is doing well.  He had
a fun weekend and was his usual sassy little self.  We had so much
fun with him.  In a couple more weeks we will head up to Texas A&M
again for another check up.  Thank you for all the sweet comments and 
emails and phone calls.   Y'all helped me to feel so much better about
this situation and it means the world to me.


Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

12 comments:

  1. I always love your dollhouse and miniature posts. You certainly have a creative mini eye and I learn a lot from you as I work on my own dollhouse. Thank you for sharing! Let us know what magazine and issue and whan will be out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Reminds me of my big hutch! Congratulations on the magazine...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you tiny furniture. I think I need a room dedicated to office space that I can fill with tiny treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to see all your miniatures! I'm purging my library shelves and will have to make room for some miniature "rooms". Could you give some help with sources at some point? Kisses to your sweet Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom wants to live in that dollhouse
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly Adorable! and What girl doesn't like PINK!??? ♡

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...