Thursday, February 1, 2018

Welcome February 2018!


February is a feminine and pretty month full of hearts and flowers.
All of us girly girls are thrilled that it has finally arrived!



Don't you agree?  Between now and Valentine's Day I can show all
the hearts and flowers I want, and of course, pink and red are the colors
of the month, so prepare to be seeing lots of it here.



How about some love stories too?  It would not be a good Valentine's Day
without a good love story, or two or three.

In the meantime, I will be out cutting down more of the frozen
ginger.  The good news is that I am burning up lots and lots of
calories with all this garden clean up.  I always want to look at the 
bright side :-)

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley


9 comments:

  1. Your hearts are lovely . . . They make be want to go dig into my fabric scraps and sew up some new hearts. It seems like I always make a few each February . . . some to decorate with and some to give away :) I'll be looking forward to your February posts :)
    Stay Happy.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. frozen ginger? Does that ruin it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the freeze shrivels the leaves. All you have to do is cut it down to the ground and it grows right back, and very quickly too. The only problem is, I have lots and lots of big ginger plants and it takes me a while to cut it all back. The upside is ~ my Fit Bit thinks I am a exercise superstar :-)

      Delete
  3. I, too, always think of February as a Feminine sort of month. lol It makes me want to go stitch up some hearts of my own..but I just don't have the time right now.

    Happy Ginger Cutting!! Good for you for sticking at it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my love story.......I met my husband when I was 17 and he was 21. He had just gotten out of the Navy and he was a wild child. I came from a very strict over protective family and he didn't fit their image of a prospective mate. I babysat for his Aunt's five children. My father met him through the Aunt's husband, and seeing his wild side forbid me from dating him. Although we never ever went on a formal date we would see each other at his Aunt's. Two months after I turned 18, we eloped and got married. Fast forward 50 years and we just celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary on December 31st. My husband has always been a good provider for his family and is the best Papa to his grandchildren. I guess Mom's and Dad's don't always know everything. We have a grown son and daughter, and five nearly grown grandchildren that I adore. Life has been good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...