Sunday, November 6, 2016

Time Stands Still At Our House


There is a clock in our house that we never spring forward or fall back.
I purchased this clock a couple of years ago and as I recall, it was in the 
fall and we set the correct time and hung it on the wall.  The clock has
remained at the same standard time for the past two years.  I have no
intention of changing it come next spring, only to have to set it back
the following fall.

I could tell you that it is in protest of daylight savings time.  It's true, 
I hate losing an hour in the spring only to regain the hour the following
fall.  What I especially hate about the time change is the last couple
of weeks before we fall back in November and it is so dark in the 
morning when everyone is rushing to get the day started.  We have to
turn on so many lights to see what we are doing and it is also that
much harder for us to get up out of bed while it's so dark.  I could tell
you that I am a rebel and refuse to adjust to this ridiculous man made
event, however true that is, it's not the whole truth.  The truth is ....


the clock is way up over the top of the bookshelves in the family room and
I either must climb on top of the chairs and attempt the precarious and
somewhat futile attempt at removing the clock from the wall to change the
time, or get out the ladder (much safer and wiser too) and snatch the
clock.  Getting the ladder means going out the back door, going through
the breezeway and into the garage.  Then I have to remove the ladder that
David has hung from one wall (no easy task for me) and then carry the
ladder inside.  I have a shorter ladder that is easier to handle, but it isn't 
tall enough for me to reach the clock.  That being said, I have decided
to be contrary and refuse to conform to daylight savings time in protest.
That's what we call rationalization I do believe, but I like to call
myself a rebel ;-)

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley



3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with my hard to reach clocks! By the way..I SO appreciate the fact that your blog allows me to use two fingers to enlarge the print t so that as one who struggles with vision loss since age 46 can. Enjoy your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE THE TIME CHANGE. NOT BECAUSE OF CHANGING A CLOCK, BUT IT IS HARD FOR ME TO ADJUST. I DO NOT CARE WHAT THEY SAY, IT DOES AFFECT YOUR HABITS AND MOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea. I have one out of the way and I'm joining you in protest by not resetting it either.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...