Saturday, December 17, 2016

I'm Ready to Bake Christmas Cookies


Today I went to my local grocery store to get everything I need to start 
baking Christmas cookies.  The log jam in the baking isle was enough to
make me think I might just sit down on the floor and start crying, or 
head over to the wine section where two sweet ladies were handing out
samples ;-)  It was crazy!!!




I managed to keep myself together without any tears or wine and I
believe I purchased everything I need.  At least I hope I have everything
because I am not looking forward to facing any more crowds for at least
a day or two.

Tomorrow afternoon I will start baking the cookies.  I give almost all of them
away to neighbors and friends.  I really look forward to putting the trays
together each year.  I have come to know who likes what, and so I set up
each tray depending on preference.  For example, Dr Fred loves my 
chocolate chip walnut cookies, so I always make sure he gets extra.



It has been really, really warm here today, but the temps are 
supposed to take a nose dive.  If it does get as cold as predicted, 
tomorrow will be a perfect day for lighting a fire in the fire place,
baking cookies and watching old Christmas movie favorites.
I am looking forward to a happy and cozy baking day.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

9 comments:

  1. I will be making my Fruit Cake Cookies tomorrow afternoon! I had to order the candied fruit online as I can't find any at the grocery stores!
    The weather has arrived. As I sit here in the sewing room at my desk, I can hear everything banging around outside! No telling what it will look like tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spoons! I haven't baked much this Christmas (Ben busymaking gifts) but I'm getting the hankering to do so now. Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet measuring spoons! Enjoy your baking time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worked at JoAnn's today & as I left there were snow flurries. It's been really cold for about 2 weeks. Then 35 minutes in line at the post office. Should have went before work. At least I've managed to make polvorones, chocolate peanut butter fudge, peppermint fudge & rice crispy treats drizzled with peanut butter and chocolate. Now if I can just summon the energy to wrap a few gifts I'll be good. Happy baking Susan.🍪🍪🍪

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my supplies a few weeks ago, and the aisles were jammed then. Made 2 more trips since then. There are 8 batches done and probably 4 more kinds to go. I make them mostly for family, friends and my neighbors, like you, I know which ones they like best!!

    We have a good amount of snow and freezing temps, so its been great for baking and watching the movies.........My favorite is Christmas in Connecticut.......Merry Christmas to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your baking! I have been so busy with the Grands this year that I've not made one cookie yet. I think I'll try to make some and let Tiger and Scout 'help'!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh--my butter is on the counter getting soft so I can bake some cookies--
    but so far the elves haven't shown up to do it--
    and I am sooo achy today--
    only time will tell if any get done today!!!!
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it cold enough for you today? Here in the pineywoods of east Texas we should get up to 22. Skies are clear so I'm making divinity. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are having the same cold Susan. It is a perfect weekend to bake for sure. Enjoy preparing all your cookies to give as gifts from your kitchen and heart. Merry Christmas to you and Bentley.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...