Sunday, April 18, 2010

Small Changes for Big Impact

I started out with a day bed that had looked great in another room, but was not having much visual impact in this one. I wanted something cozier and a bit more comfy than the day bed, so I opted for a twin bed instead. I found a vintage french provincial headboard at a consignment shop. Instead of painting it white, I left it as is. The touches of gold on the frame highlighted the frame of the client's existing print.


I found a lamp that was being used in another room and repurposed it in this one. I also reused the simple blue coverlet from the day bed and the pillows as well. They show up nicely against the new headboard.


A chair that had also been used in another room now fills the corner to give guests a cozy place to sit. The tray is an nice accent to provide a welcoming cup of tea.


A cozy chair with an off white slipcover was also found at a consignment shop. I added a hand quilted pillow. Tab curtains and an additional pillow were made from sheets the client had to repeat the pattern. Now the guest has a cozy corner by the window. I found the wicker trunk being used in another room, sprayed it white and placed it at the end of the bed to store extra blankets and pillows.



This cute little table was found at a thrift store. I painted it a soft blue to match the other blue shades used in the room. I added some hand painted flowers and tiny touches of gold to accent the turned legs.


An inexpensive and unfinished armoire was painted white, and few hand painted flowers were added. The mirror is another thrift store find and was spray painted white. The client already had the other accessories.


Some round boxes were covered in leftover wallpaper from a previous home and trimmed with a bit of blue for some pop.

Simple and inexpensive changes turned this room into a charming retreat for a welcome guest. Please visit the other Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for other tips on Metamorphosis Monday!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo



17 comments:

  1. Great change, but I have to say the little table you painted is my favorite part. What a welcoming guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous. I love the pillows, wicker trunk, and the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look - so vintage and sweet !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...saw your blog on Rose Vignettes....and I have a Bentley too! I just had to stop over and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely look

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks very cozy! I could take a nap there right now! Great job, Stop by for a visit soon.
    XoXo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I love the serenity of this bedroom with the wonderful soft blues and creams. What a relaxing retreat for your client's guests. I would have left the headboard alone too. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Susan! You know I love this frenchy look! Everything is just perfect! Wonderful restful colors and beautiful handpainted accents! I love your thrifty finds, too! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie
    PS...I'm a follower now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan! I love this shade of blue. What color is it? I'm getting ready to re-do our guest room and I want to paint it a shade of blue. This is lovely!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bedroom is so lovely. It's romantic and charming. I love the shot with the tray!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely darling guestroom -- it could be in a fancy B & B! I'd certainly sleep tight in there.

    Scribbler
    http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh!!!!! My grandma had the same headboards in her spare room!! I could just cry! I love your makeover!!! It is so gorgeous, definitely has a B&B feel which I love!!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan and Bentley!

    What a beautiful room and I love that bed!!
    Your decorating is lovely!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Pamela xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks fabulous! Waht a lovely room, love the colours. THe boxes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful room. So comforting and inviting. Love it. Thanks for visiting junkblossoms. We hope you'll come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...