Thursday, September 2, 2010

Barn Chick Friday!



Howdy all you barn chicks! Come onto my back porch. Grab a sunflower to put in your hair and an apple to snack on. Let's go visit my neighbor's chickens. Amy doesn't have a barn, but she has a coop.



We'll just go in through the back gate to visit the "girls". Don't worry, they won't peck you. They are sweet girls who love to have visitors.



There is Aretha and Beatrice and I can't remember the name of Aretha's twin. Notice the oars on the other side of the fence. The girls "Dad" Billy is an expert kayaker!



Here is Thelma. You all remember Thelma! She likes to hop the fence and come over to visit Bentley. Unfortunately, Bentley does not welcome her visits!!



Hi girls! Are you coming over to say hi??



Show us around your free range territory ...



You have lots of treats to snack on and you have ....



Your own drinking fountain too!!



These girls are so happy in their backyard!!



Bye girls! Thanks for a lovely visit!! Now the rest of you girls be sure to stop by and visit Barn Chick Karen at Brayton Homestead Interiors. Hopefully Hurricane Earl decides to leave her corner of Massachusetts alone. Please stop by and visit Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday too!

Hi Bentley. I just visited Thelma and I think she would love to visit with you again. Do you think that you could welcome her and not chase her??? Bentley??? He is ignoring me.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

22 comments:

  1. Barn chicks even without a barn are good fun! I have been bathing my chickens lately in preparation for a chicken show.I don't have a barn either, just a few coops for my beloved chicks. Thanks for taking me along to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm lovin' the girls! Poor Bentley, he'll adjust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    I just loved seeing where Thelma and her sisters live! Looks like they are being treated very well! Arf, Bentley
    xoxo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan that was a really fun visit with the "girls"! I hope to someday have my own place again and have a few chickens, I think they are hilarious! Happy Friday!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are sweet to mention me and my Barn Chick meeting- I love your pics! Poor Bentley! hi to all!
    added you to my link-thanks
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cute story!! I love chickens :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thelma is a darling name for a chicken...i would talk to her all the time! Love the coop. hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss my dad's chickens - I love the contented clucking as they scratch around. Love your girls, they look so plump and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful chickens! Love the blog and thanks for stopping by our blog!

    The Chicken Keepers
    thechickenkeepers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Susan and Bentley... what a darling post! I love all the "girls"... I do believe they are "Barn Chicks" too!... and what cute names for them! Your top photo of the sunflowers by the apples is so pretty!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, they are so cute! How neat to have chickens next door - Too bad Bentley doesn't like them just a bit more!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing all your all your barn chicks-!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You so cute Susan!!!! I love your blog, it always puts a smile on my face!

    Tracy
    www.goodgirlgoneaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to get me a chicken!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for coming over!!! I just look those chickens!!! My husband wants some so bad! Your porch is beautiful too!! I'm your newest follower!!

    Take care!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those certainly look like some happy and plucky girls there. I'm glad Bentley isn't chasing them around the yard there. You must have left him behind closed doors at home.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a great visit Susan! I just love chickens and so does Sam who keeps bugging us for one!
    Happy long weekend!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun post - great visit! Love chickens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tell you they are comically to watch..you wonder what they think running around having such great fun. What a great home they have. Have a wonderful weekend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! I m hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway and would love for you to stop by. Thanks Anu!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your neighbors chickens are so cute as are all chickens! Love their playground as well...

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...