Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sunset at Bandon


A few years ago David and I went to Bandon, Oregon and
rented a house on the beach.  Well, 80 feet above the beach as 
all of the beach front houses seem to be.  We went so that David
could play golf at Bandon Dunes.  I was happy to walk with Bentley
up and down the miles of seemingly endless beach each day.



One evening on the balcony David took these pics of the sunset.



We were mesmerized by the beauty.



The stillness.  The peace.



The sun always seems to sink so fast over the ocean.




While Tony Bennett may have left his heart in
San Francisco ....



I have left mine in Bandon.
(No, there is only one moon, don't know what happened there.)

Join me in visiting


Bentley ~ you met lots of doggie friends on that beach
didn't you!  Now go give your Daddy a big kiss because
it's his birthday!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

13 comments:

  1. I love the Oregon coast - we have lots of coastline here, but so little of it is accessible. I love to go down to Canon Beach and thereabout just to walk on the sand and then have dinner as the sun sets into the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a beach sunset. Love that you put your little chair in your header. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place ... did you book for next year yet?

    All the best, Katie
    www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Bentley's Daddy. Puppy kisses are the best. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your OR sunset photos are beautiful! That is not too far from where my mother was born. Happy birthday to David!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, majestic photos! Thanks for sharing them! Happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beach shots, I love looking at the ocean.
    Many years ago we drove along the Oregon coast for a few days and we loved the spectacular views.
    Thanks for reminding me how beautiful that part of the world is.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny how fast the sun slips beyond the horizon in the evening? If only we kept that awareness in our hearts all day... we would be much more careful of how we spend our time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a place where I would not want to leave. beautiful photos....

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous sunset photos. I'm so glad you popped over to visit me so I found your lovely blog. I look forward to reading more of it now.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS! I've never been to Oregon. It seems we both had sunsets on the mind. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...