Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Whites to Go


I have been moving things around and changing some color schemes in my
cottage.  First, I painted the old blue hutch in the kitchen a barn red.  While I liked
the color very much, I decided that it was too dark for the room, so I am
in the process of painting it white.  I removed everything from the shelves because
even though many items are thrift shop finds, they are special to me.



I had fun grouping items in a big wicker basket and was enjoying
the different textures of the whites, so ...



I am still painting the hutch because I got distracted.  Does that ever 
happen to you?


Bentley ~ it was snowing this morning and it's raining now.
Funny weather for January.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

13 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing your hutch when it is done. Now get back to painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I never get distracted.....what was that you were saying? OK so most of us bloggers get off on tangents but it's what makes us interesting. Love the textures of the whites in the basket. I think the hutch pained white will be great. Now where was I??? hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes me days to complete some tasks. I know exactly what you mean. Lovely white dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to your hutch reveal! Gorgeous dishes! The weather here has been so unpredictable. We had snow and now rain today! Weird weather indeed.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You say distraction like its bad thing:) I live in distraction... color textures cottage chippy paint.. aaaahhh all so wonderful how can one not get distracted:) Can't wait to see your hutch!!!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan ~ I am so looking forward to seeing your hutch finished. I hope Bentley is helping you. Yes, I can get distracted and then ~ where did the time go? Oh well, I am anxiously waiting ~ don't get TOOO distracted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Distraction is my middle name. Or is it procrastination?? One of those big words. Hope you show us the finished hutch!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing your hutch filled up with all your beautiful WHITE pieces.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your whites are really nice in their baskets. I will be looking forward to seeing your dresser. xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so pretty! I love the white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even START painting! That's how distracted I get! ;) Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, such lovely white pieces. Great in the basket. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your whites look neat in your wicker basket! I want to see your hutch when you've finished painting it white.

    :D

    xoxoxo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...