Monday, September 24, 2012

A Cozy Spot For Creativity


Ever since I was a young girl, I have always needed a cozy spot where
I could be creative.  As you have probably come to know, I am a
nostalgic girl who is most comfortable in an atmosphere with lots of 
vintage touches.  So I have carved out a little spot just for me.  My Mac
sits on another big desk, but this little desk cost me exactly $2.00 and I
love it!




This is how it looked before I tweaked it.  Dark brown stain, gouges in the desk
top.  Not a very pretty sight.  But I fell in love with those curved shelves.  I knew
I could store sketch pads and water colors on those shelves.




So I painted the desk a soft green.  I added things I use and
things I love.



Notebooks from France and sketchbooks stored in thrift shop baskets
sprayed in white.  An old chair with a vintage chenille seat cushion.



A place for me to work on the sketches for the book I am writing
and illustrating.  Can't imagine what the subject matter can be
can you???



Do you remember the lampshade I tweaked last spring?  It is
living happily in my creative corner now.

I am joining ~

and
and

I would ask Bentley to pose for me, but he is furious that there is a
cat next door who is taunting him from the safety of the other side of
the picket fence.  Wow is he ever mad!!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

23 comments:

  1. Oh it looks so feminine and cozy. I just love it :) What a fabulous spot to be creative in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy spot to be creative in. It's perfect. I would love for you to share this at my link party that opens on Tuesday night at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....did I say I. AM. IN. LOVE. ?
    hahhhaa...sorry, I couldn't find a place to delete one of those two so decided to make it 3.:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cozy and sweet. Your picture board is the same print as my wallpaper in my bath. I was always going to write a children's book about our dog, Daisy. I was going to have Jake illustrate it, as he is a wonderful artist. Your sketches of Bentley are wonderful!
    Love it all.
    xoxo,
    Me
    Woof, Bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little desk. I'd have found a spot for that one too...........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect place to be creative...so pretty!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So girly. Love it and the color so much. What paint can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan - What a beautiful spot to be creative in. I love your desk. Those shelves are just wonderful. Your book looks interesting!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's adorable, and so creative. I bet just sitting down there starts all sorts of creative ideas going.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful spot that is sure to inspire creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :You have talent oozing out of your Southern Girl pores! You're illustrations of Bentley are adorable, and I'm sure your book will be adorable, too! I can't wait to buy one. And you turned that desk into a treasure. I wish you were my next door neighbor. Keep blogging!

    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun cozy place to create. good luck on your book.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it looks so pretty and cozy! The perfect spot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You want have any problems being creative here..this is great spot,just for you,now if we could do something about that mean ole cat that is harassing Bentley,teehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The desk is beautiful! You did a great job with it and I love that you now have your own space to be creative in! Enjoy!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet and cozy little spot for creating...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cozy little creative spot is just adorable. Love, love, love all of the vintage touches and the desk turned out just darling. This spot has got to be inspirational ~ love it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE how you fixed up that
    old desk. The rounded shelves truly are charming. I can see why you'd fall in love with it. It looks like the perfect spot for you to sit and create away.

    also....read your post below. What a funny cookbook that sounds like it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful little spot you've created for yourself! Great makeover on that desk.

    ReplyDelete
  20. $2! You got the deal of the day! Your sketching skills are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everyone should have such a beautiful cozy corner! I love it! I need to make me one next!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...